Today's match: vs. Alloa Athletic, away 21/12/19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Today's match: vs. Alloa Athletic, away 21/12/19

capitanus

Morton travel to Recreation Park to play Peter Grant's Alloa, in a bottom of the table clash.

Hard to get excited about this one, but we need to win games like this convincingly if we are to have any chance of staying up.

With this in mind, I reckon 1-0 either way.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nesbitt & Cadden both start. I bet we win.

If it's a 352 we play then there's no excuse not to. We've actually got a pretty decent team there.

Edit to add - too many defenders for that! Still a pretty good 11 though that a decent manager would be winning games with.

Dundee United 1-0 Ayr United

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We’ve put three good balls into the box from Cadden’s side of the park; Sutton on the other hand has been totally ineffective as a focal point.

The team doesn’t actually press as a unit which is allowing these Royston Vasey bumpkins to play through us with ease. And with our back four looking like a rickety ghost train I can see a defeat unless we start gambling on balls played into the box for a change.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Pic on the Alloa Twitter page makes their disallowed goal look onside.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Pic on the Alloa Twitter page makes their disallowed goal look onside.

Good for them. It wasn’t though. Next.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

0-1

Fuxake - I read that as us being behind.

Edited to add - get in there!

Archived