Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside? - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside?

Malt

Is it time to go?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for the Rae family to step aside at Greenock Morton Football Club?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never knew any of this.

Adam Coakley all over again?

Not as if it does not happen elsewhere in football. I knew of a youth player who allegedly  got game time as his dad sponsored Hearts. If the lad was keeping the next Messi out the team I might be at the gates of Cappielow asking for Hawke's head but then again my fan card would probably not work.

Not as if it does not happen elsewhere in football. I knew of a youth player who allegedly got game time as his dad sponsored Hearts. If the lad was keeping the next Messi out the team I might be at the gates of Cappielow asking for Hawke's head but then again my fan card would probably not work.

If it is indeed true!

And at lots of clubs players are signed or played as a favor to agents, and certain national teams will cap players to increase their value, etc. Like in any workplace, politics and money infect football.

(I have no knowledge of what happens at Cappielow, if anything, in this regard.)

EOho8Pw.png

I know of a youth player who left Morton mainly because he wasn't getting game time due to Easdale getting preference.  I have no idea if that was because of footballing ability or other reasons but certainly the player concerned wasn't happy about it.  However if Easdale turns out to be the next Peaso, fair play to him. You can only get so far if you don't actually have the talent and eventually if he's not good enough he will reach his level; if he's good enough he may make it to the first team.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Yep same. The reason I believe barr chucked it. Alright his results weren't great but that's a pretty shocking position to be forced into (if true)

No idea if that's the case but this happens at all levels in youth football where the club gets a bit of backing from someone. Don't really agree with it but it's the way it is and has been for years.

Alright his results weren't great 

Understatement of the year; he had them getting beat by East Kilbride's reserve team FFS.

If nepotism was the final straw that finally allowed us to empty a useless coach who'd have probably tried to snake into the first team dugout then I for one am glad for its influence. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It happens at all levels of youth football that players get a game because of who their dad it, it also happens at all levels of youth football that untruths are spread about young players getting a game because of who their dad is (due to bitter players/relatives of players who are left out).

I have no idea which one this is.

Archived