Team of the Decade - Midfielders - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Team of the Decade - Midfielders

Admin

TOTD  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Midfielders

• Allan Jenkins
    • Stevie Masterton
    • Jim McAlister
    • Carlo Monti
    • Erik Paartalu
    • Michael Tidser
    • Fouad Bachirou
    • David O'Brien
    • Martin Hardie
    • Tony Wallace
    • Reece Hands
    • Dougie Imrie
    • Joe McKee
    • Robbie Crawford
    • Ross Forbes
    • Jamie McCluskey
    • Michael Millar
    • Conor Pepper
    • Jamie Lindsay
    • Andy Murdoch
    • Gary Harkins
    • Reece Lyon
    • Charlie Telfer
    • Luca Colville
    • Kyle Jacobs

Oh Ffs.

And Antti Niemi was not finished he was only 28.....

Are you referring to the guy who phoned in to Radio Clyde and asked “what’s Niemi got to do to get in the Scotland Team?” The Presenter responded with “he’s Finish” to which the caller replied “no he’s not he’s only 28”

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you referring to the guy who phoned in to Radio Clyde and asked “what’s Niemi got to do to get in the Scotland Team?” The Presenter responded with “he’s Finish” to which the caller replied “no he’s not he’s only 28”

The parody is getting less subtle just so you know.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Those three ahead of Tidser?!

Lindsay not in in the same Universe never mind class as Tidser

Lindsay kept the rat out of the team for the best part of the 16/17 season. Clean the drool from under you chin before making your next, moronic contribution.

People have already forgotten how good Jamie Lindsay was. We’ve had midfielders who’ve been standouts in the Morton team and/or among the best in the division, but no one who was obviously capable of playing at a higher level while with us as opposed to being on a trajectory to being that good or having the attributes to get there without being the finished article.

Others may have spent more time here or surpassed him since leaving, but Lindsay is comfortably among the best midfielders on performances in a Morton shirt this decade. Picking him out as the weird choice when he’s in a list with Murdoch and Forbes is hilarious.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Really need to have 4 midfielders in there.  We've actually had quite a few decent midfielders in the last decade, which means this is quite a difficult choice.  There are 6 names on that list that I could have voted for, albeit a couple of them were only with us for a short time.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Really surprised at how few votes Forbes has given his contribution to the club.

While the arguments for including Forbes are obvious, I don't think it's particularly surprising that most people haven't picked him either.

He was one of our best players as we won La Decima with his signing - the greatest piece of transfer business in the history of football - being crucial to winning the title, but a lot of people will downplay that as it was in League One, just as most people won't pick Declan McManus when we get to forwards despite his exploits that season. More significantly he was in absolutely ridiculous form when we made the playoffs, and you can justify his inclusion on that season alone. However, that accounts for 18 months of his three and a half years at the club, with the other two years not being bad but ranging from decent to mediocre.

You could argue he's actually a victim of his longevity because if someone played for us for one season and was as good as he was in 16/17 then left they'd be guaranteed a place, but as his time with us overall was inconsistent and culminated in being released as surplus to requirements I don't think it's surprising that people will pick the likes of Hardie and Lindsay over him. Even though their one season wasn't as good as Forbes' best season, players who had one excellent season are likely to be remembered more fondly than a player who had one that was just decent and one below par along with the brilliant one.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• 2 weeks later...

Archived