The Teacher - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Teacher

Sad to hear.

RIP.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

A lovely guy who was taken too early. Always found him to be very jovial and with a smile on his face...until Morton ruined his weekend!

Fantastic guy and thoughts with the family.

RIP Gerry.

RIP Gerry.

Great guy and brilliant teacher. Lots of great stories will be doing the rounds tonight with loads of folk reminiscing about some of his patter. His classroom was like a shrine to Morton with even a few foil pie wrappers making it up onto his wall! Very sad, taken well before his time.

Never knew the man nor his name but as soon as I seen his picture I knew I'd seen him at many Morton games over the years.

Not often you see so much praise for a teacher from ex pupils on twitter which must say a lot about the type of man he was.

RIP

'"Iv'e only 2 words to say. Feck Off McGraw"  Maths teacher?

It was “You’re sacked McGraw”. He shouted it as advice to John Wilson During a defeat at Boghead.

Did he start going to watch Man Utd? Seeing a lot of posts about #redforgerry on twitter.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Yeah, he gave up on Cappielow and started going to Old Trafford.

Cheers.

I worked beside him the season we won the 2nd division with the Finns. Morton daft and everything in the department was about the Ton.

I agree but enough to chuck it? And for Man Utd?

There were a few before him who stopped going to Cappielow and started going to Old Trafford.

Until I found out today that Gerry had too I just presumed he was staying away until the Raes had gone.

He stood near where we stand at Scapa - still can't believe he's no longer with us.

How do you give up on 'your' team to then support another? As a club, Morton has tested the fan's loyalty over the years but I don't get how you give up?

Gerry was a good friend of my father in law and of my wife’s uncle. I spoke to him YEARS ago and he’d become disappointed at the goings on a time Cappielow

Archived