Players In / Out Update - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Players In / Out Update

hayfever

from inverclydenow, links are a bit dodgy, so here it is:

"MORTON manager Jim McInally has revealed who will not be returning to Cappielow.

John Maisano and Alan Mahood have been released.

Offers were made to Scott Bannerman and Paul Walker but terms could not be agreed, so they are leaving also.

In terms of players staying, Ryan Harding will today sign a three-year contract with the club.

Other players being re-signed are Jason Walker and John Adam and goal-keepers David McGurn, Stefan Gonet and John Stark.

Other players released are Liam Mitchell, Stephen Hamilton and young goalkeeper Graeme Ballantyne.

McInally said Paul Walker had been offered existing terms and they had not been acceptable to him. Bannerman had been offered reduced terms.

He added that he was hoping to sign three new players. “I have spoken to people already but a couple of them are still playing so it will probably be next week before I get answers.”

McInally remains interested in several players who have been on loan from premier league clubs but the situations with Andy McLaren, on loan from Dundee United, Shaun Dillon, on loan from Kilmarnock, and Scott McLaughlin, on loan from Livingston, cannot be clarified until their clubs’ seasons finishes.

Alex Williams, who has been on loan to Queen of the South, has a year to run on his contract and will return to the club. McInally said: “There is nothing we can do about Alex. He has got to come back.”"

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Aye, just saw that. Bloody strange how Harding's got a three year deal when our full-time future next season is far from assured.

Williams looks to be well and truly frozen out now.

EOho8Pw.png

We really should've learned our lesson with these 3 year contracts i.e. Williams, McCluskey etc

Pee Wee was only offered a one year deal, will be a big loss but a replaceable one. Strange that Kenny McLean gets a new contract. Williams must learn not to piss off his managers, hopefully we can get him off the wage bill.

Maisano was more than reasonable on occasion; but that's the problem. It was only on occasion that he seemed to be a player worth keeping. I won't be sorry to see him go as his inconsistency was shocking.

EOho8Pw.png

No surprise that Maisano and Mahood have gone.

Pleased about Harding, though.

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Mahood hasnt done anything since he arrived, although he probably hasnt been given enough chances to prove himself.

Harding is a great signing, im really pleased he is staying.

Ur right John was good on occasion, but i felt he should have got a wee extension on his contract

IPB Image

:lol: :lol:

the guy played his heart out for the team and encouraged other, even if he were to have a bad game, his experience came through in other players who made up for Andy, but Andy never actually had a bad game due to his will to win which in my opinion is second to none.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Archived