TV games - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

TV games

Jamie_M

Not personally fussed either as I wasn't making it but it's a fair shout for those that are wanting to travel especially with the early kick off on top.

Would like the club to consider the the logistical implications of displacing half the cowshed also though. Time for our 360 review.

I'd rather the club called for the reinstatement (or rearranged on their own behalf) games for Boxing Day and January 1/2, instead of complaining about a Friday night away game on TV. 

and have this morning written to the SPFL asking for a 360 review of the logistical implications of fixture changes before games are moved.

^^^ word salad, filed correctly into the bin by SPFL 'beaks'

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think it is a very good statement and makes valid points as well as letting the fans know that the decisions were made without any consultation with the clubs involved.

Obviously not all of the clubs will ever be completely happy with the final outcome but it is surely not unreasonable to have some negotiation over the matter.

Not personally fussed either as I wasn't making it but it's a fair shout for those that are wanting to travel especially with the early kick off on top.

It's not like Dundee where you can make an evening game from work depending on the kick off time/rush hour traffic; Inverness would be a solid half-day effort regardless. Plus the other common complaint about these games is 'my beloved sprog (7) from Braeside won't go to bed until the early hours now' so an earlier kick-off time mitigates that. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's not like Dundee where you can make an evening game from work depending on the kick off time/rush hour traffic; Inverness would be a solid half-day effort regardless. Plus the other common complaint about these games is 'my beloved sprog (7) from Braeside won't go to bed until the early hours now' so an earlier kick-off time mitigates that.

With all the work on the A9, a solid half-day effort is probably a conservative estimate.

Only just realised from Toby it’s up against that BT game. That’s mental, why on earth would they schedule that?

Given they don't even liaise with the clubs in deciding what goes on TV, they probably didn't even look to see what was already on that Friday night. 

Only just realised from Toby it’s up against that BT game. That’s mental, why on earth would they schedule that?

BT haven't grasped that The Famous are box-office yet, but the plummeting viewing figures will demonstrate that soon enough.  

Tbh I don’t really care that much about what others are doing as long as we head in the right direction. Would it be funny if Patrick ended up doing a Falkirk? Absolutely! However a third place finish for us would be much more important than where they finish.

No, none of this 'finish third' pish either. If this Cameron Salkeld character isn't getting an England cap after leading us to the league trophy at the end of the season, then the whole season will have been a disaster.

Third!?! Have a word with yourself.

*insert signature here*

No, none of this 'finish third' pish either. If this Cameron Salkeld character isn't getting an England cap after leading us to the league trophy at the end of the season, then the whole season will have been a disaster.

Third!?! Have a word with yourself.

Anything less than league champions and at least one cup win would be bang out of order!

They often did that last season, but the games were clashing with televised Premiership games. Why the SPFL would want that to happen either is strange but even more stupid when it’s two games in the same division.

Might be worth remembering that this is our two longest league trips of the season, compared to Inverness who make a similar trip every second away match. Add to that their closest trip is now gone (Ross County) which also happened to be our longest, and I'd certainly rather have our travel problems than theirs. 

Might be worth remembering that this is our two longest league trips of the season, compared to Inverness who make a similar trip every second away match. Add to that their closest trip is now gone (Ross County) which also happened to be our longest, and I'd certainly rather have our travel problems than theirs.

Teuchter problems forum for this pish.

That's their fault for living in an incorrect part of the country.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

That's their fault for living in an incorrect part of the country.

Yep, nobody forced them to leave the Highland League.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived