Worst Team of the Decade - Centre Forwards - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Worst Team of the Decade - Centre Forwards

47 members have voted

1. 1. Centre Forwards

• Donovan Simmonds
    • David Witteveen
    • Brian Graham
    • Stewart Kean
    • Kevin Kelbie
    • Jonathan Toto
    • Archie Campbell
    • Andy Jackson
    • Colin McMenamin
    • David McNeil
    • Kabba Modou-Cham
    • Nacho Novo
    • Garry O'Connor
    • Rowan Vine
    • Andy Barrowman
    • Ross Caldwell
    • Thomas Orr
    • Jon Scullion
    • Alex Samuel
    • Ben Armour
    • Luke Donnelly
    • Kudus Oyenuga
    • Lawrence Shankland
    • John Baird
    • Andrew Dallas

If your facts are all correct then your memory is definitely better than mine! My general recollection is of being absolutely livid at McMenemy’s arrival scuppering our title bid. The option of 1 upfront with him in the team was a non-starter.

Has your recollection been correct about any Morton event ever?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Partick save-scumming the Cowdenbeath game they were losing turned that season around. Poxy, shitey club that they are. Hope this season isn't binned so they go doon.

I hope they go bankrupt. Beat that.

*insert signature here*

Has your recollection been correct about any Morton event ever?

My “general recollection” as stated above, yes. I don’t always trawl back and check my facts, which isn’t usually possible in many cases. However I did double check that the Easdales did fund McMenamin transfer and wages. If you also take into account that Spoonsy and Peaso were considered too good for the poll and yet McMenamin was first pick before them, then that backs up my recollection pretty strongly that he had to be played, either through pressure or, as I had heard, being written into the contract.

I had also heard he was their nephew but did not see any evidence for that.

My “general recollection” as stated above, yes. I don’t always trawl back and check my facts, which isn’t usually possible in many cases. However I did double check that the Easdales did fund McMenamin transfer and wages. If you also take into account that Spoonsy and Peaso were considered too good for the poll and yet McMenamin was first pick before them, then that backs up my recollection pretty strongly that he had to be played, either through pressure or, as I had heard, being written into the contract.

You seem to be mixing him up with their nephew that has the same name as them.

You also heard we were the first team to have fans behind the goal at Forthbank.

Archived