Morton v Ayr United - Tuesday 29th October - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Ayr United - Tuesday 29th October

Chesh

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some truly Johanssonesque decision making on the touchline is costing us here. Three subs chucked on only after the fucking obvious fitness issue contributed to a goal.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

?

3rd goal was never his fault. Was a good save.

Blame Jacobs for letting McCowan waltz past him

No, a good save doesn’t knock the ball straight back into the centre of the penalty box, you tip it wide instead. It’s therefore a mediocre save that contributed to the goal, though it certainly wasn’t the only factor when we’re dishing out blame.

And the three great game-changing subs that required 19 hours of buildup proved to be useless as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

How could there be 5 goals and 6 subs in the 2md half and the ft whistle goes at 9:32?

We could have been playing all night after King and co. came on and still wouldn’t have scored, yet another pointless sense of injustice about the referee this season isn’t required.

Another game handed to the opposition by a Ramsbottom howler. It’s time to cut our losses even if he wants away in January and we’re left with a 17 year old as back up to a dodgy loanee; a wee boy legitimately can’t be worse.

Hopkin had a howler tonight with his refusal to make subs until we were behind when we obviously needed them for 10 minutes at 2-2, it’s not like we were looking like winning before that, but while there were other issues with the performance their winner has been yet another goalkeeping mistake.

We’re a professional football club, not a charity. Make it stop.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I don't even know what our style of play is meant to be. Knock the ball in the direction you're facing, whether there's a Morton player there or not. Repeat. Head the ball to opposition when you have time to bring it down (Jacobs) repeat.

Hope ball breaks to McHugh for him to do something. Usually doesn't.

This is garbage. Hopkin out.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Some of that defending tonight, the standing off for the second especially, was complete amateur hour. I do not know what formation we were attempting to play with those 3 subs that came on, and I don’t think anyone in a Morton kit knew either. Another chance to build on a positive result at the weekend completely squandered, and I’d be very surprised to see anything taken on Friday. Shambles.

The game was handed to Ayr by the first and second goals where the defence was posted missing and parted like the red sea giving 2 easy goals.

All we had to do was tighten up for 10 minutes after going one up and we would probably have took something from the game.

Our game management is so very very poor and while Ramsbottom didn't put the ball into a safe area from the initial save for the 3rd the defence was sleeping and allowed the ayr players to get to the ball first.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Utter utter gash yet again. Two lucky goals apart from that we’ve barely had a sniff. The game was balanced at 2-2 both teams pretty flat and Hopkin makes far too long to make subs, Salkheld and Muirhead were blowing out their ars*, Ayr make the changes and win the game. We played one bit of football the whole game and got the 2nd goal from it.

Same aim-less ball up the park every time, don’t think Baird managed to keep one clearance in the park with his feet or his head and he’s got the turning circle of McGills bus.

How Ramsbottom has conned a contract I’ll never know. Parries every single shot and kicks the ball out the park more times than he keeps it in. Lost count of the amount of goals he’s cost us this season already.

JJ was hounded for the same last season, time to stop accepting this p*sh, we’ve gone nowhere but backwards since we got rid of Jim Duffy. Hopkins has had in increase to both of their budgets and his recruitment has been an absolute shambles.

Archived