A Players' Finest Hour - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A Players' Finest Hour

The Peter Cormack thread has pretty much everyone saying that he is best remembered for THAT goal in the 1-0 win at Love St, or at least that was his finest moment in a Ton shirt.

What other players' moments do we have (bearing in mind that they may have done better things elsewhere)?

To start -

John Gahagan - The equaliser in the cup replay v Motherwell in 91.

Kevin Thomas - the hat-trick at LS in the 5-1 game

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carsten Margaard- His first tackle/foul againdt Keith Wright of Dundee.

Ian McDonald- His goal in the 3-2 win versus St Mirren at Love Street.

Billy McLaren- His diving header against Aberdeen to win the game 1-0.

I'd love to have you both for dinner

Billy McLaren- His diving header against Aberdeen to win the game 1-0.

5670[/snapback]

That game took place on the 5th January - cannot remember the year. Only remember it cos it is also my birthday - and what a present that diving header was :D

A press release confirming this will be released shortly...

Carsten Margaard- His first tackle/foul against Keith Wright of Dundee.

5670[/snapback]

I'm certain that it was Tommy Coyne he clobbered. Got an ovation for it from the Cowshed. :lol:

Ian McDonald- His goal in the 3-2 win versus St Mirren at Love Street

And ratty lost a tooth celebrating that goal when he proved to be too heavy for Scott McArthur. :D

David Wylie - THAT point blank save v Dumbarton in the 2nd division title game.

AT

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

jimmy boag: scoring at boghead - with his arse

barry mason: scorcher of a goal at dens in the cup

rowan alexander: loads of possibles, but maybe THAT goal at meadowbank

andy ritchie: again, loads of crackers, but maybe his goal against aberdeen when he had scotland's central defence falling over their own feet

marko rajamaki: the lob against dumbarton to clinch the second division

derek mcinnes: scoring from a corner at clyde

dougie robertson: first game of every season, when every man jack in the crowd could plainly see he'd been lying about his successful summer diet

the guy below loves the boaby.

jimmy boag:  scoring at boghead - with his arse

5713[/snapback]

Forgot about that - the goal that ended Totten's mob's promotion hopes!

He celebrated it as though it were a classic. :lol:

Janne Lindberg - the 30 yarder at Airdrie that stole us all three points in a 2-1 win (actually it was at Broadwood v Airdrie).

Owen Archdeacon - the 30 yarder v Dundee that got "goal of the round" on Sportscene.

Peter Duffield - THAT goal (what you mean "what goal?")

AT

Robbie Henderson- Blocking the ball on the line against Elgin in the 3rd Division run-in.

Paul Hartley- Free kick equaliser against the skunks.

John McNeil- Volleyed goal against Clydebank in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final 5-0 win.

I'd love to have you both for dinner

Two in quick succession. Weren't the best of goals, kinda scrambled if I recall, but John Goldthorpe & Andy Ritchie's 2 goals in the last 3 mins of the Cup tie with Aberdeen at Pittrodrie round about 1977/78 was a classic moment.

Replay at Cappielow was good too with John McNeil scoring a cracker in the 2-1 defeat. The replay was the only Ton game my brother & 2 sisters have ever attended!

Tucker's Law prevails

Scott Bannerman - League Clincher at Cappielow Vs. Peterhead.

Marko Rajamaki - A cracker of an overhead kick at cappielow many years ago (i was only a wee boy and camt remember the opponents or final score)

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

Archived