Michael Arteta to be named as Arsenal manager today... - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Michael Arteta to be named as Arsenal manager today...

• 1 month later...

Have to say I'm quite surprised at how well he's started. He's turned some of the biggest bottlers in professional sport into fighters, and he's also giving Martinelli (shit-hot in FM) a chance, which is paying dividends.

Not an Arsenal fan by any means but Arteta seems to be going about it the right way there, so I hope he does well.

EOho8Pw.png

Have to say I'm quite surprised at how well he's started. He's turned some of the biggest bottlers in professional sport into fighters, and he's also giving Martinelli (shit-hot in FM) a chance, which is paying dividends.

Not an Arsenal fan by any means but Arteta seems to be going about it the right way there, so I hope he does well.

He's still only won 2 games out of 7. Feel like the media are getting a bit carried away with the platitudes.

• 1 month later...

And here in the US, two NBA players, Tom Hanks, and a bunch of other famous names have been diagnosed.

I have to say, I wasn't hugely worried about large-scale community infection, and to some extent I'm still not. The economic effects will be felt much more acutely by most people than will be the human effects. But I do have to wonder. These are generally people with a lot of space between them and hoi polloi. NBA players travel, but only domestically and to Canada.

Maybe this will be borne out, maybe it won't, but I do wonder if asymptomatic spreading is even more common than we think. That would help explain why community transmission is relatively slight, yet it seems to be popping up in random places.

Perhaps foolishly, I went to the gym tonight after work. Seemed about as busy as normal. I decided to take an alternative route home, via a major shopping and dining street just north of uptown Dallas. Well, all I can say is, it looked like business as usual. Standing room only at Chuy's, the Apple Store was full of people, lots of folk walking around the various clothing stores... not sure what to think anecdotally. Traffic felt half empty this morning, but then I see people out acting like nothing is wrong (and I did the same at the gym, to be fair) and I don't know what to think.

EOho8Pw.png

I was actually thinking about the celebrities getting it last night. The numbers reported are still fairly low in some countries so to have multiple celebrities having it seems unlikely if you take them as a percentage of the population.

Archived