Jim (TTG) McInally v Warren Hawker. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jim (TTG) McInally v Warren Hawker.

Cappiecat 1.2

He's not actually wrong, though. Bohemians should have been kicked out.

Yep, spot on. When Bohemians accepted the invite they surely knew the dates so it's their responsibility to put a team together.

Also

So is Warren Hawke from Morton, who played a reserve team in their Irn-Bru Cup tie so that’s how highly they think of the competiton.

“Yet he has a big say on the competition. These people should be outed and made to resign.

You can't disagree with that one either. Admittedly McKinnon put us in that position then fucked off, but nonetheless it's still Morton it reflects on.

I don't agree with McInally's assessment of the tournament though. It'd have been the peak of his yokel outfit's existence if they had won it back in 2015.

AWMSC

Comments are fair enough. Absolute shambles that an Irish team can't fulfil their obligation to field a team and the match is postponed rather than being kicked out of the competition. As TTGJ says if it was a Scottish club that couldn't field a team they wouldn't just re-arrange the fixture.

Just another day in the life of Scottish football. It's never dull i'll give it that.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Of course McInally is a torn-faced gimp who's still bitter about Morton, even though he was given far more chances by DFF than he would have been by almost any other chairman in the world, but that doesn't stop him from being right. Bohs need to be kicked out and even if the competition board doesn't resign they need to show how they will prevent this from happening again (correct answer: boot out the FAI clubs and only accept teams from associations that follow the European calendar.)

EOho8Pw.png

Quite telling that McInally criticising a Morton employee and saying he should resign, and having a dig about our approach to a match, rather than being met with anger and adding to the animosity ahead of our cup game has been met with 'aye, fair enough'.

Anything that shows up the Challenge Cup in its current incarnation as a crock of shite has to be welcomed.

Hopefully this Bohemians fiasco is the beginning of the end of Irish, Welsh and English non-league sides being involved and the start of getting it back to a straightforward knockout tournament amongst SPFL clubs in the second, third and fourth tiers.

*insert signature here*

Quite telling that McInally criticising a Morton employee and saying he should resign, and having a dig about our approach to a match, rather than being met with anger and adding to the animosity ahead of our cup game has been met with 'aye, fair enough'.

Speak for yourself. I want that liar hounded for all of his past crimes like King Snake on Saturday; slating Iron Man is just a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Speak for yourself. I want that liar hounded for all of his past crimes like King Snake on Saturday; slating Iron Man is just a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day.

At no point did I say I was not looking forward to the compulsory and justified hounding.

Anything that shows up the Challenge Cup in its current incarnation as a crock of s***e has to be welcomed.

Hopefully this Bohemians fiasco is the beginning of the end of Irish, Welsh and English non-league sides being involved and the start of getting it back to a straightforward knockout tournament amongst SPFL clubs in the second, third and fourth tiers.

Get the challenge cup to fuck.

We’ve got a couple of midweek league games this season which could’ve been played on the dates set aside for that cup.

Get the challenge cup to ****.

We’ve got a couple of midweek league games this season which could’ve been played on the dates set aside for that cup.

1) The Challenge Cup takes up dates on the calendar that are left free for shan international football on the league calendar anyway

2) The midweek games could be played on Boxing Day and January 2 instead if Iron Man and the SPFL weren’t too incompetent to play at the most lucrative time of the year.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Get the challenge cup to ****.

I agree. I stopped attending it altogether when they brought in pub teams and youth sides.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Leaving the 'old man yells at cloud' criticisms of the Challenge Cup to one side; 

91sn32Q.jpg

Fuck Jim McInally. McInally calling on other people to resign, without a hint of irony, is absolute minter material. That snake cunt should have been emptied from the Morton job long before he had the chance to offer his resignation. He's bit as much of a snake as Ray McKinnon.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I must be in the minority but i personally have no ill feeling towards McInally.  Was he a great Morton manager, absolutely not, but was he a snake like McKinnon, no chance. He was given longer in the job that he should have been  but that's not his fault, that lies with Dougie and his love for him!  From memory,  he offered his resignation before he was sacked but Dougie refused.

One of my most enjoyable seasons was winning the 2006-2007 season with McGowan big temps, Millar etc and that Killie game!

I must be in the minority but i personally have no ill feeling towards McInally. Was he a great Morton manager, absolutely not, but was he a snake like McKinnon, no chance. He was given longer in the job that he should have been but that's not his fault, that lies with Dougie and his love for him! From memory, he offered his resignation before he was sacked but Dougie refused.

One of my most enjoyable seasons was winning the 2006-2007 season with McGowan big temps, Millar etc and that Killie game!

Birthday caird pish. The reason you remember it well is because we were winning, but we were only winning in a division we should already have been promoted out of.

McInally is responsible for creating a seige mentality and actively encouraged the players to have as little interaction with the supporters as possible. Other than the betting scandal, McInally has done more to create a rupture between the club and the fans than anyone else post administration. On top of all that, his training was shite, he vastly underachieved and bottled the big games. Offering a resignation or two doesn't change any of that.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I must be in the minority but i personally have no ill feeling towards McInally.  Was he a great Morton manager, absolutely not, but was he a snake like McKinnon, no chance. He was given longer in the job that he should have been  but that's not his fault, that lies with Dougie and his love for him!  From memory,  he offered his resignation before he was sacked but Dougie refused.

Same, mostly. Thought he was a dick at the time but 10 years on I'm really naw that arsed. He's not that big a deal.

AWMSC

Let’s remember that “offering his resignation” isn’t “offering to get to f*ck and give us peace from him”, it’s actually proposing to the chairman that he pays him a significant amount of money to get him out of the club.

His offers to resign were no noble acts on McInally’s part, they were done with himself in mind, as I suppose he is quite right to do.

I found it quite telling when he compared us unfavourably with the East Stirling fans during his tenure there. His point was that they were a far jollier bunch, and realised that winning football matches isn’t the be all and end all. Again, he was probably correct in the point about football meaning more than it should to folk, but when the guy that was employed to specifically do just that was trivialising it, it shows how we really are well rid.

It should be a source of pride to us that we, as a support take our club so seriously rather than a criticism.

Archived