The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff

On that note Sutton looks in superb nick.

Agreed. That was the first time I've seen us so far and thought he was excellent. We'll never get 90 minutes out of him but I'd be quite happy giving him an hour every week

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's unwise to read too much into individual performances given just how bad Dumbarton were in that first half; what I think can be concluded overall is that if we can play with the same direct, attacking intent and with an equal desire to win the ball back quickly then no side is going to enjoy playing against us at this level. Which can't be said for quite a few Morton teams in recent memory, who despite the usual cliches about Cappielow 'always being a tough place to visit' were actually soft touches that predictably delivered three points to an expectant opposition manager. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think it's unwise to read too much into individual performances given just how bad Dumbarton were in that first half; what I think can be concluded overall is that if we can play with the same direct, attacking intent and with an equal desire to win the ball back quickly then no side is going to enjoy playing against us at this level. Which can't be said for quite a few Morton teams in recent memory, who despite the usual cliches about Cappielow 'always being a tough place to visit' were actually soft touches that predictably delivered three points to an expectant opposition manager.

Didn't make the game but it sounds like a Hopkin team so at least we've got some sort of game plan this season as opposed to JJ's nonsense.

I actually thought Livi were quite good to watch against us under him. High pressing and direct doesn't necessary mean long ball like some would have you believe.

Looking forward to Friday to see how we get on.

I actually didn't think we looked particularly fit as the game went in to the final 20 minutes. It's still very early in the season and it wasn't a glaring weakness or anything but we were told that our main strength this season would be fitness compared to other teams so i was expecting us to go at a part time team like Dumbarton for the full 90 minutes but we were getting caught ahead of the ball too many times in the second half.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I actually didn't think we looked particularly fit as the game went in to the final 20 minutes. It's still very early in the season and it wasn't a glaring weakness or anything but we were told that our main strength this season would be fitness compared to other teams so i was expecting us to go at a part time team like Dumbarton for the full 90 minutes but we were getting caught ahead of the ball too many times in the second half.

Understandable that with a 5-0 lead by half time the players would tend to just see the game out.  There is another game on Friday, so maybe that was a factor if they slowed up a bit towards the end.  Can't really complain about a 6-1 win.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I wasn't at the game, but surely that would have the players playing within themselves knowing the game was already won and wanting to preserve as much energy as possible for Friday night?

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I wasn't at the game, but surely that would have been the players playing within themselves knowing the game was already won and wanting to preserve as much energy as possible for Friday night?

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Can anyone confirm whether the Bishop was at the game last night? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I actually thought we only seemed to be able to play at 100mph. Was expecting to see us calm the game down and play some possession stuff in the 2nd half but it never arrived. Direct as fuck until the final whistle. Whatever happens this season I doubt it will be dull.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Was great to see how much Strapp enjoyed his goal btw.

Also how big Salkeld's roar was at the final whistle. Was as if we had sneaked a late goal in a Cup Final. Love passion and drive to win in a player, Hopkin obviously trying to install a winning mentality.

big ged says ther will be lol

Thanks for playing anyway.

Archived