MORTON v Queen Of The South Sat 14 Dec - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MORTON v Queen Of The South Sat 14 Dec

Ton4life

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the supposed ‘local knowledge of weather conditions’ that wasn’t taken into account in this unjust decision. It’s December in Greenock - not Abu Dhabi - and so it’s been pishing down for most of the afternoon as well. You wouldn’t even need to open the curtains today to know that was going to happen.

More cat stuck up a tree stories and fewer rent a gobshites trying to make a name for themselves required at the local rag of a paper IMHO.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The test of whether a pitch is playable or not, isn't determined by whether you have boots on or not. It is actually fairly simple. As any junior referee, far less a Grade 1 or a professional league referee could tell you. If the game was in any doubt a local referee could have been making pitch inspections from about 9 this morning.

The "local referee" thing isn't reliable.

We turned up at Palmerston on a frosty Boxing Day to find the game was on since some passer-by had inspected it, so we headed into town. On starting to make our way back just after 2pm, we were told it was off, despite it being a clear sunny day with no change in the conditions.

We did at least get into the rearranged game for free and saw 11 goals.

Several Ton fans once got to Forfar and went to the pub at 1pm where a local referee had passed the frozen pitch. Forfar clearly wanted our Saturday travelling support and wanted the game on, yet our manager (McInally) had gone along early and called Morton, saying he expected it to be off. The real referee arrived at 2 and deemed it unplayable (that day quite a number of us went to McDiarmid to watch St Johnstone v St. Mirren instead).

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Doesnt help the old budget  but perhaps just perhaps maybe we see a few changes in personnel before the match is rearranged and we can steal a point or 3

It is Christmas so perhaps santa will give us a gift

Anyway we move on

Doesnt help the old budget  but perhaps just perhaps maybe we see a few changes in personnel before the match is rearranged and we can steal a point or 3

It is Christmas so perhaps santa will give us a gift

Anyway we move on

The noises that Goodwin is making at St Mirren would suggest Jack Baird will be getting recalled after Christmas, so unless we can magically find a better replacement for buttons then we're likely to be weaker personnel wise rather than stronger.

• 1 month later...

Well it's the rescheduled visit maybe this weekend.

Since the postponement Queens have went on a downward spiral and we have picked up a few points.

Will the transfer window swing it our way.

Queens have lost McCrorie and El Bakhtoui but have got Wilson back from Killie and two new European jokers in. I think they have weakend.

We have dumped Grant and lost Welsh plus the also rans. Signings do not seem that inspiring but pick up in form might just edge it for us.

I see on the P&B forum Queens supporters are worrying about their weaknesses in dealing with crosses all good news.

Let's hope the game gets completed before the storm gets here.

Is Jacobs available for this?

Queens lost 4 of their last 6. Lost a few important players in the window and also have a few injuries.

We have lost 1 of our last 6. Never really lost anyone important in the window and should have close to a fully fit squad.

Stick on away win!

Never really lost anyone important in the window

lol wut

Yeah because our defensive options are looking so great now, what with having *no* full back cover and at least two ropey centre backs to pick from a massive choice of three.

Both teams have contrived to weaken themselves yet further in the transfer window - which bodes well for anyone who remembers the truly abysmal contest played down there in September. We are on a better run of form though and a win here would really put them in the shit.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

lol wut

Yeah because our defensive options are looking so great now, what with having *no* full back cover and at least two ropey centre backs to pick from a massive choice of three.

Both teams have contrived to weaken themselves yet further in the transfer window - which bodes well for anyone who remembers the truly abysmal contest played down there in September. We are on a better run of form though and a win here would really put them in the shit.

They have lost starting 11 players in Brownlie, El Bakhtoui and McCrorie.

Only Welsh was really playing for us towards the end of the year as a makeshift right back and not doing a particularly good so with Tumilty coming back, he is not really a great loss with how we utilised him.

They have lost 3 guys who were playing every week, we haven't.

Squad wise, agreed we are both weakened, but starting 11 wise, they are worse off.

Happy with Nesbitt in for Orsi and McHugh in for Sutton, assuming it’s the same shape that’s what I’d have gone for as well.

Assume Lyon’s injured? With that in mind and Jacobs out the only alternatives to starting Millar or Blues would be moving Colville deeper and putting Orsi/Nesbitt/McGuffie in his place. That’d obviously give us less defensive balance but I’m not sure it’d be a worse idea than returning to the Millar & McAlister partnership.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That central defence/midfield combination gives me the fucking fear, but the changes going forward are a clear improvement. We’ll need to score a few to win this one.

Archived