Club statement- Gambling on football - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Club statement- Gambling on football

pink_panther

Rule 33 for season 13/14 being breached is concerning..

The rule numbers correspond to what the rulebook was in that season - it’s probable they’re all variations of the current rule 31 & 31a but just happened to be a different number previously.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rule 33 for season 13/14 being breached is concerning..

Still, no mention of 03-04 though.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Why...

“No club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall directly or indirectly offer or receive a bonus or any other inducement to or from another club, official, player, match official or any other person to influence the result of a match or otherwise affect the conduct of a match.”

If it’s as Dunning says then it’s no issue.

“No club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall directly or indirectly offer or receive a bonus or any other inducement to or from another club, official, player, match official or any other person to influence the result of a match or otherwise affect the conduct of a match.”

If it’s as Dunning says then it’s no issue.

That's not rule 33. Rule 33 was:

SFA disciplinary rule 33 prohibits players, coaches, club officials and referees in Scotland from betting on football anywhere in the world.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-football/10577636/Michael-Moffat-handed-six-match-ban-for-breaching-Scottish-football-betting-rules.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31441598

That's not rule 33. Rule 33 was:

SFA disciplinary rule 33 prohibits players, coaches, club officials and referees in Scotland from betting on football anywhere in the world.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-football/10577636/Michael-Moffat-handed-six-match-ban-for-breaching-Scottish-football-betting-rules.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31441598

Just took it from here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1823/judicial-panel-protocol-2017-18.pdf

Edit - page 61

Whoever at Cappielow grassed in the kitman for putting a coupon on wants to have a long hard look at themselves. Absoloute joke.

No, the person who is bringing the club into disrepute by breaking very clear rules needs to have a long, hard look at themselves.

If you want to represent the club and receive things like testimonials and other benefits, you accept there are rules to follow that other folk are not subject to. It's really not that difficult.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

No, the person who is bringing the club into disrepute by breaking very clear rules needs to have a long, hard look at themselves.

If you want to represent the club and receive things like testimonials and other benefits, you accept there are rules to follow that other folk are not subject to. It's really not that difficult.

Hear, hear.

Funnily enough, he was the first person that I thought about when I read this yesterday evening.

*insert signature here*

Whoever at Cappielow grassed in the kitman for putting a coupon on wants to have a long hard look at themselves. Absoloute joke.

Are you sure that is what it was? Someone grassing him in? How do you know that this never came about as a result of an SFA compliance audit?

*insert signature here*

He wont be the only employee at Cappielow that's placed a bet last 7 years or whatever it is so I would be naive to think a random club audit has only caught the kitman. Someone's clearly out to get the guy.

He's not.

A player (no longer with the club) was a regular at a bookies down here and liked a flutter on European and English football.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

He wont be the only employee at Cappielow that's placed a bet last 7 years or whatever it is so I would be naive to think a random club audit has only caught the kitman. Someone's clearly out to get the guy.

I’m not so sure. My immediate thought is that he’s guilty of being incredibly stupid. How is he gambling? Going into a shop and being spotted by someone who knows he works for a football club? Or online, through an account in his own name, with his bank details and e-mail address?

I’ll wager (pun intended) that it’s the latter. There’s absolutely no doubt that it’s rife in football. I’m sure most of us know enough folk who these rules would affect that we’ve openly discussed our coupons with- I know I certainly have. Plenty will have accounts in their dads’ or their mates’ names rather than their own, though.

The bookies and authorities are all over these things, and doubtless have a record of every person who falls under the rules. I’d imagine he probably thought that he wasn’t significant enough for them to follow up on.

I’m not terribly upset about a kitman doing something as daft and getting caught, but if it was a player who was stupid enough, I’d be going off my tits- not at the gambling, at the getting caught gambling. It’s so preventable, and if you do get caught you only have yourself to blame.

Archived