January Transfer Window Thread - Page 52 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

If ever there was a no way back point for a manager it'll be if JJ let's Tidser go to Falkirk. A player who many were ready to hand the Player of the Year trophies after only a few games due to the form he was showing looking like having the season of his life before being negligently misued by the clown in the dugout.

Really wanted the JJ thing to work out. Maybe caught up a wee bit with the Finnish connection returning, nice guy and wished him every success, but this would be the final straw that would lead to sacking that and tarnishing him as a horrible cunt forever more.

And, if not already the case, from that point on the current board gets hounded.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So JJ has been publicly stating the need to cut the budget (during a mid-season transfer window no less), alerting our rivals and any players out of contract to the fact we're likely to be less competitive than other clubs.

He's also limiting expectations against part-time dross to Duffyball-inspired "let's sit tight and nick a goal" whilst at the same time running down the quality of the squad, dropping our best player and shunting a 36 year old centre mid out wide. Lovely stuff.

He’s going for the money. Good luck to him.

still getting hounded when he comes back with the snake.

No doubt, yeah, but it'd be daft to dismiss the appeal of playing for a manager who values him and who'll use him properly. If he's leaving a club where he was settled because those two things aren't true, it'll certainly be in his mind now: I doubt Falkirk are his only suitors.

Anyway, the way things are going for us, Tidser is more than good enough to help make up the 11 point gap if he goes this month. It shouldn't and probably won't happen, but be a fitting end to this whole debacle if those cunts took our manager and best player whilst the the bottom of the league then finished above us anyway just for a laugh. 

AWMSC

Agree mate. The man has a family to feed and being our best player, it's completely unacceptable that we're fannying about with deals. 

Birthday caird pish. Tidser already has a deal and guaranteed income until the summer and has been treated far better by the club than just about anyone could expect in the professional game (it hasn't been a one-way deal of course; if he was gubbins then he'd have been emptied long ago). 

The elephant in the room here is not the big bad board for not throwing around new deals for players long in advance - it is the clueless idiot in the dugout who doesn't know how to use Tidser or any other of his key players in the team. In fact, we can't say for sure whether TTGJ would even offer Tidser a new deal. 

The best chance that the club has of retaining Tidser and other key players is to remove the incompetent clown mismanaging them on a weekly basis. That is the decision that the board has to make and only by failing to do that in good time would they have contributed to a player's departure. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Birthday caird pish. Tidser already has a deal and guaranteed income until the summer and has been treated far better by the club than just about anyone could expect in the professional game (it hasn't been a one-way deal of course; if he was gubbins then he'd have been emptied long ago). 

The elephant in the room here is not the big bad board for not throwing around new deals for players long in advance - it is the clueless idiot in the dugout who doesn't know how to use Tidser or any other of his key players in the team. In fact, we can't say for sure whether TTGJ would even offer Tidser a new deal. 

The best chance that the club has of retaining Tidser and other key players is to remove the incompetent clown mismanaging them on a weekly basis. That is the decision that the board has to make and only by failing to do that in good time would they have contributed to a player's departure. 

That doesn't mean he's not looking long-term for a better deal with his family at heart. Falkirk will be paying far more than us i would imagine. Dont blame him for looking to secure more money over a longer period. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That doesn't mean he's not looking long-term for a better deal with his family at heart. Falkirk will be paying far more than us i would imagine. Dont blame him for looking to secure more money over a longer period. 

So his family are in fact already 'being fed' from wages that he has guaranteed until the summer and he has several options to consider then. And he already has a side business outside of football to operate as well. 95% of footballers in Scottish professional football would be delighted to have that level of financial security already in place - so let's not pretend that financial necessity dictates a move. 

Players can justifiably leave to play at a higher level (as the Dundee offer on the table might provide) and certainly to stop warming the bench for a Finnish dud; making a sideways or downward move just because there's more money on the table is sheer mercenary behaviour. It would be no more acceptable coming from Tidser than it was when a parade of players dropped to the fourth tier to play for a ridiculous village outfit like Gretna.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Falkirk are desperate at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they were offering to double Tidser's salary (and over a long term contract). I very much doubt there would be any consideration for him beyond that. Who wouldn't choose that security at this point in their career?

The ball is firmly in the board's court here. We were relegated after the last time that we misjudged Tidser's value to the club. Difficult to see a way back for the board if they mishandle this.

Financial longevity. There's a clear difference and i presume Falkirk can offer that. 

He's 29 and so is nowhere near his last professional contract in the game, so this argument is bollocks as well. It would be mercenary behaviour, nothing more than that. 

He's 29 and so is nowhere near his last professional contract in the game, so this argument is bollocks as well. It would be mercenary behaviour, nothing more than that. 

Nonsense. It might not be his last contract in the game, but no longer are contracts handed out on a 4/5 year basis, so in the short-term, he's seeking the best deal he can get. I presume Falkirk will offer him a 2 year deal on better wages/bonuses etc. It's quite obvious that finances have a part to play as well as the other things that you mention. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Nonsense. It might not be his last contract in the game, but no longer are contracts handed out on a 4/5 year basis, so in the short-term, he's seeking the best deal he can get. I presume Falkirk will offer him a 2 year deal on better wages/bonuses etc. It's quite obvious that finances have a part to play as well as the other things that you mention. 

Getting your next professional contract at 31 rather than 30 is not a compelling reason to hook up with King Snake at a clown car outfit like Falkirk: unless you happen to be an utterly shameless mercenary. 

Getting your next professional contract at 31 rather than 30 is not a compelling reason to hook up with King Snake at a clown car outfit like Falkirk: unless you happen to be an utterly shameless mercenary. 

Or, he knows that Morton are a complete and utter car-crash outfit and is getting out whilst he can whilst getting a lucrative deal at Grangemouth. He owes Morton nothing. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Or, he knows that Morton are a complete and utter car-crash outfit and is getting out whilst he can whilst getting a lucrative deal at Grangemouth. He owes Morton nothing. 

You're hardly dispelling the 'utterly shameless mercenary' label by that ridiculous line of argument. 

You're hardly dispelling the 'utterly shameless mercenary' label by that ridiculous line of argument. 

Because i'm not naive enough to think he actually gives a fuck.  Quids in for him.

We're mugging him off by not playing him and dicking around with his contract. He owes us fuck all. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived