January Transfer Window Thread - Page 51 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could be going down the route of a Barry Ferguson/Paul Le Guen scenario here.

I’d say 80-90% of the support have now turned against Johansson, Tidser won’t re-sign under his management and Rae can’t afford to let him join them if he wants to shift season tickets.

We’re now getting to the stage that keeping the manager is going to cost the club more money than punting him would.

Letting our best player since Lindberg go would be absolutely criminal, especially there of all places. And hand the guy a testimonial.

Pretty much my thoughts. 

McKinnon had Tidser playing superbly here and that moron in our dugout deems him only worthy of starting on the bench. We know that Tidser has an affection for Morton, but no one can blame him for wanting to move on and play his best football. The fact that the club he wants to go to is Falkirk makes it that wee bit worse. 

We could be going down the route of a Barry Ferguson/Paul Le Guen scenario here.

I’d say 80-90% of the support have now turned against Johansson, Tidser won’t re-sign under his management and Rae can’t afford to let him join them if he wants to shift season tickets.

We’re now getting to the stage that keeping the manager is going to cost the club more money than punting him would.

Letting our best player since Lindberg go would be absolutely criminal, especially there of all places. And hand the guy a testimonial.

agree intirely an sorry for wrong dot bud still havent got it all sussed

When this was discussed a few months ago, i thought absolute no chance it would happen but now I'm not so sure;

-They have offered him brilliant money apparently and it's probably his last chance of a "big" contract.

-He would feel valued again which certainly can't be the case under JJ and played in a position which suits him, not coming on as a sub and playing right mid! Even though we hate the snake c**t, it's quite clear he rates Tidser very highly!

-The board appear to be looking to cut costs/budget etc so getting some sort of transfer fee in now and getting a big earner off the wage bill might be more appealing to them than initially thought.

Overall, the thought of him going to them is fecking depressing but can see it happening this week. JJs post match comments about more changes this week etc made me think It's Tidser he is talking about.

When this was discussed a few months ago, i thought absolute no chance it would happen but now I'm not so sure;

-They have offered him brilliant money apparently and it's probably his last chance of a "big" contract.

-He would feel valued again which certainly can't be the case under JJ and played in a position which suits him, not coming on as a sub and playing right mid! Even though we hate the snake c**t, it's quite clear he rates Tidser very highly!

-The board appear to be looking to cut costs/budget etc so getting some sort of transfer fee in now and getting a big earner off the wage bill might be more appealing to them than initially thought.

Overall, the thought of him going to them is fecking depressing but can see it happening this week. JJs post match comments about more changes this week etc made me think It's Tidser he is talking about.

McKinnon also said on Saturday night that he's half agreed a deal for a player but they've reached a stumbling block, reckon that's Tidser he's talking about. Agreed terms but Morton won't let him go. Come to think of it, is Dykes Tidsers' replacement? 

Spot on, the testimonial is the key for him to sign new contract

Spot on, the testimonial is the key for him to sign new contract

I don't think it is. Johansson is the key. If he stays, forget it.

A testimonial would be a carrot to dangle in front of him if wages were a stumbling block, but the main factor for him will be enjoying his football, and he's not doing that under this clueless buffoon.

The thought of this makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

If Tidser goes to Falkirk and if Morton agree to that, there will be riots.  It is digraceful the way Tidser has been mis-used.  Time to let the club know that we have worked out that JJ is a useless charlatan who can't spot a good player or at least can't use a good player correctly.  Totally unacceptable, and Morton should come out with a clear statement that Tisder will not be allowed to leave for Falkirk.  If he goes in the summer, fine, bad enough but can't blame him, but will he really want to drop down to league 1?  If he is allowed to go now and keeps Falkirk up, that would be the own goal of the season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

JJ’s a total clown but surely this one lies at the clubs door? Not offering him a deal early doors. Like someone said on P&B, he’s not going to Falkirk so he can play 20 yards further up the pitch.

Why wouldn't he be? Falkirk will stay up this season and will finish above us next season, so he can go there and play for a manager who'll make him one of the best players in the league. He'll probably get paid more for sure, but going to a team where you can play your own game is a perfectly valid justification for a move in its own right.

AWMSC

If Tidser goes to Falkirk and if Morton agree to that, there will be riots.  It is digraceful the way Tidser has been mis-used.  Time to let the club know that we have worked out that JJ is a useless charlatan who can't spot a good player or at least can't use a good player correctly.  Totally unacceptable, and Morton should come out with a clear statement that Tisder will not be allowed to leave for Falkirk.  If he goes in the summer, fine, bad enough but can't blame him, but will he really want to drop down to league 1?  If he is allowed to go now and keeps Falkirk up, that would be the own goal of the season.

Falkirk aren't going down. Partick seem most likely but we could quite easily be dragged into the relegation scrap. 

Much as I like Tidser, he probably didn’t get off to the best start under the current manager when he stayed on when clearly injured, and fluffed a penalty at a crucial point in one of his first games in charge, and it’s been mostly downhill from there for him.

Why wouldn't he be? Falkirk will stay up this season and will finish above us next season, so he can go there and play for a manager who'll make him one of the best players in the league. He'll probably get paid more for sure, but going to a team where you can play your own game is a perfectly valid justification for a move in its own right.

He’s going for the money. Good luck to him.

still getting hounded when he comes back with the snake.

If Tids has been offered a hefty wage increase then you can’t blame him for leaving. The snake had him playing his best football in years while the current muppet we have in charge doesn’t consider him good enough to be in the starting 11.

Shambles.

Agree mate. The man has a family to feed and being our best player, it's completely unacceptable that we're fannying about with deals. 

Be sad to see him go, but the blame lies firmly at the door of the chairman and those dealing with this kind of thing. 

We're a fucking brass-neck. When will they stop treating us with such contempt? 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived