General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 27 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

I got them all but being in alphabetical order helped big time. And I do those sorts of quizzes often when I'm bored in work.

Last one I was struggling to get for ages was Hampden funny enough.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

22/24.

Cypriot and Polish ones wrong.

Playlist with others:

https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/pecheneg/football-crests-by-colour

Some of them are fiendishly difficult - there are ones where you have to type, rather than pick, so you need to know them rather than just use the process of elimination. I got just 41% on a couple of them.

EOho8Pw.png

Playlist with others:

https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/pecheneg/football-crests-by-colour

Some of them are fiendishly difficult - there are ones where you have to type, rather than pick, so you need to know them rather than just use the process of elimination. I got just 41% on a couple of them.

Oooft, got 10/42 on the first green/blue one. They are good fun though. 

100% and 71%. The Churzow badge is 'outdated' to say the least.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

100% and 71%. The Churzow badge is 'outdated' to say the least.  

He's doing that on purpose in some cases - in this case since the current Ruch Chorzow logo doesn't have green.

On that subject, they're just about to start their first season in the III Liga, after their third successive relegation. Must be pretty dire for them, having to play against the *reserves* of local rivals Gornik Zabrze and, further away, Slask Wroclaw.

One level above in II Liga (the third tier), Widzew Lodz are still laboriously making their way back up the pyramid, while the team that I "follow" (kinda), GKS Katowice, are settling in after their relegation from I Liga.

LKS Lodz, meanwhile, are finally back in the top flight, but hilariously their "rebuilt" stadium still only has one stand, with corners filled in. It looks like a kid was putting together a Subbuteo stadium then got called down for his tea. So expect capacity crowds of 5,700 for the time being.

stadion_mosir_lks07.jpg
Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Aye, if it had happened during a match the number of casualties would have been in the hundreds, maybe even more. It's a pretty new stadium, only built in 2006, so it's strange it happened in the Netherlands where I would assume building regs are pretty strict. The article mentions strong winds at the time of the collapse, but there was only a gentle breeze here yesterday, just a couple of hundred km to the south, so I'm surprised that's being given as a factor, unless they had some kind of freak micro-climate type of storm. The article also mentions that the roof is covered in solar panels, which you can also see in the pictures, so that may also be a factor. Though you would have assumed that structural engineers would have made sure the roof could take the weight of them, before they were installed.

Edit to add - it may have been a micro-climate related storm right enough, there were mini tornadoes in Amsterdam and Luxembourg on Friday evening

https://www.brusselstimes.com/single-items/63465/amsterdam-also-hit-by-tornado/

Apologies to all for going all Flyerton on you.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

He's doing that on purpose in some cases - in this case since the current Ruch Chorzow logo doesn't have green.

On that subject, they're just about to start their first season in the III Liga, after their third successive relegation. Must be pretty dire for them, having to play against the *reserves* of local rivals Gornik Zabrze and, further away, Slask Wroclaw.

One level above in II Liga (the third tier), Widzew Lodz are still laboriously making their way back up the pyramid, while the team that I "follow" (kinda), GKS Katowice, are settling in after their relegation from I Liga.

LKS Lodz, meanwhile, are finally back in the top flight, but hilariously their "rebuilt" stadium still only has one stand, with corners filled in. It looks like a kid was putting together a Subbuteo stadium then got called down for his tea. So expect capacity crowds of 5,700 for the time being.

stadion_mosir_lks07.jpg

That image doesn't really do their stand/stadium justice.

https://images.app.goo.gl/oHuVrZrCEAHogrBN6

If you recall, Celtic Park looked similar in the mid/late 1990's as they were undergoing development:

http://image.wikifoundry.com/wiki/kds/image/1s33z9d2qH8pZgN$J0Pcq9A==100467/GW622H451

As did Plymouth's Home Park and Blackpool's Bloomfield Road.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

Jose Luis Brown, scorer of Argentina’s opening goal in the final of the 1986 Maradona-inspired World Cup win has died.

I knew he had Scottish heritage, but only found out from Derek Rae’s Twitter this morning that his family hailed from Greenock and left for Argentina in 1825.

Anyway, he’s his defining moment...

https://youtu.be/tdEXo-UwNVs

Edited by Toby

• 2 weeks later...

AIK were an utter gang. Played for a 0-0 from the first whistle.

Legia were also dogshite. The Polish league has got to to be the worst league in Europe per capita.

It absolutely is, without question. Nobody else comes close, not even Romania. And the players are on very decent money (considering the low COL in Poland.) Also, reminder that until recently Polish football was out-attended by bloody speedway.

The Allsvenskan is also a bit rubbish but you'd expect that based on population.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Greece is making a fine bid this season: two of their entrants lost to Polish and Norwegian opponents early doors, and PAOK have just made it a third by getting papped out on away goals by Slovan Bratislava. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are