Morton v Dundee 1st Feb - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dundee 1st Feb

Ton4life

A good point under the circumstances and the team is digging in on a regular basis now. Our performance was pretty disappointing with eleven men though - I’d be looking to swap things round up front as we have better quality options sitting on the bench.

We need to sign a central defender before I’m comfortable that this team will finish in a respectable position in the table.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a wild challenge by Jacobs and idiotic given he was already on a yellow card, which is what we should be focusing on instead of trying to hound Sir Robert over a meaningless technicality.

And there's no reason why he couldn't have shown that deserved 2nd yellow at the next break in play instead of panicking and giving Dundee a free kick in the middle of the park for literally no reason whatsoever.

I'm sure if a player commits a second bookable offence, the play should be stopped immediately, the second yellow card dished out and the player sent off with no advantage offered. It was like Madden realised this and stopped the play much later than he should have.

Regardless, it was definitely a bookable offence, as was his first, so no complaints.

Granted thought McGinty  was poor first 20 mins , but thought he improved  as game went on and some crucial headers towards onslaught at end not perfection but an improvement onn McLean . Quite happy to keep centre half pairing next week. 

Jacobs deserved to go , but Berra managed to boss our forward line and got away with it the majority of the time

forever optimistic

And there's no reason why he couldn't have shown that deserved 2nd yellow at the next break in play instead of panicking and giving Dundee a free kick in the middle of the park for literally no reason whatsoever.

He should have stopped play immediately because it was a second yellow for Jacobs - he just didn’t recognise this and so stopped play as soon as he was informed to correct the mistake. It would probably have been better if a drop ball had been awarded after the red card but the decision was correct even if they made a bit of an arse getting there. When there are clowns making wrong decisions all day long in the same job then I really don’t see the need to complain about such a minor point.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A decent point I suppose given how long we were down to 10. Wasted a really good chance when their clown of a keeper lost possession, nothing really came after that, we couldn’t get out. Nesbitt running at that diddy Berra a bit longer might’ve resulted in something but, hey ho. We didn’t completely lose our bottle.

Agree with all the comments regarding the Jacobs sending off and how it eventually arrived.

Also thought McGinty was poor and definitely at fault for the goal, but also thought he improved as the game went on.

As for the state of the pitch, it currently looks like likes been time warped back to the seventies, and obviously that’s as a result of it being used for training, however I heard a comment a few weeks back that the reason for training on the pitch was to cut it into a tattle field and therefore make it a leveller for visiting teams.

Granted thought McGinty was poor first 20 mins , but thought he improved as game went on and some crucial headers towards onslaught at end not perfection but an improvement onn McLean . Quite happy to keep centre half pairing next week.

Jacobs deserved to go , but Berra managed to boss our forward line and got away with it the majority of the time

Aye thought the same, both him and Baird won everything they had to in the 2nd half and apart from hitting the post and a deflected free kick, never really troubled us. The two of them are not pretty on the eye but when you need to just defend and clear your lines, they did well enough.

Would have been pretty confident of winning the game had Jacobs stayed on the park.

We should start McHugh next week. Sutton gives us a good physical presence and is ideal for coming on in games but McHugh is a better overall option and better finisher. Would like to see Nesbitt back in too.

Decent enough point under the circumstances, was important we never let them go a further 3 points away from us more than anything. Win next week and we are right in the mix.

It looks like Orsi is going to be able to contribute something, which is a shock to us all. Fair play to him, loads of energy, physical and is a nuisance. Some effort with his over head kick aswell that was offside, thought it was Duffield against St Mirren for a minute!

Dundee are absolutely terrible and they were there for the taking today which is incredibly frustrating. We look a lot better balanced now with Tumilty and Strapp at the back. McGinty was embarrassing at their goal but gradually got better as the game went on.

It looks like Orsi is going to be able to contribute something, which is a shock to us all. Fair play to him, loads of energy, physical and is a nuisance. Some effort with his over head kick aswell that was offside, thought it was Duffield against St Mirren for a minute!

Well no, because this effort-based contribution from Orsi would actually be bettered by any of about six better quality forwards who can play in that position instead. Despite some indications this is still a professional football team rather than a glorified social club that rewards earnestness with a starting spot.

Our performance with eleven men on the park was piss poor - we need to recognise this and do better next week, when we’re not able to rely on some backs to the wall effort at home to some gubbins, Borders’ bumpkins.

Glad they dug in and worked hard for the point after going down to 10 men. With Jacob's on the pitch we probably go on and win that. I hope he apologised for being a dick. The centre halves, especially McGinty gave me the fear all game, both need to improve considerably. And can we please revert back to the front three of Cadden, McHugh and Nesbitt as soon as humanly possible?

I want a pretentious signature too.

Well the punt up the park has all but disappeared - we were much more physical yesterday with a few wee dirty digs going on, perhaps lucky that it was only Jacobs that got pulled up.

Happy with the performance as there appears to be some improvement.

And yes Dundee were at it too.

Archived