Morton vs. Partick - 28/12/19 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Partick - 28/12/19

capitanus

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McAlister touched the ball about 3 times and 2 of those were tackles. Other than that he ran about backing off his man pointing at everyone else to do something about it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

McAlister touched the ball about 3 times and 2 of those were tackles. Other than that he ran about backing off his man pointing at everyone else to do something about it.

McAlister at centre mid continues to puzzle me. As far as I can see, he's not offered much from there since he came back yet managed to be a regular starter under McKinnon, Johansson and now Hopkin. Even under McInally in 07/08 he was pretty ineffective as a central midfielder.

He obviously left us after that and had a relatively good career in that position so he's obviously been doing something right all these years but I'm yet to see it since his return.

Can only imagine the half time team talk consisted of ‘that’s great lads: just sit a bit deeper in the next 45 minutes and we’ll be fine’. The starting lineup failed and he didn’t change it. The half time intervention achieved nothing - in fact, we got worse after the break. The required subs were not made until the inevitable winning goal arrived and so it wasn’t possible to even scrape a draw from an abysmal showing in a crucial six-pointer. And all of this is being done in a style of play that is not even close to what he pledged to instill in the team seven months ago, having already signed about 14 million ringers to do so.

The bulk of the responsibility for that omnishambles today lies in the dugout then. We are currently failing in just about every aspect of first team management.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hopkin shouting for our only player left up for the corner for their 2nd goal, Cadden, to come back in to defend. Leaving 2 thistle players sitting at the back for them with all Morton players in the box and we STILL concede. Unbelievable.

Can't argue with the result as Partick were far more competent on the ball and tore us up on our left side. We, however, were devoid of ideas and needed a set piece to score.

Hopkin is taking us down, and we won't be back up in a hurry.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Fucking hell, that was dire.  We made Thistle look like Barcelona - Barca when they still had Iniesta, not the current pale shadow of a steamroller.  That game was crying out for Lewis Strapp to come on after about ten minutes and go right through that wee sand dancer on their right, but we just stood off them all over the park and hoofed the ball away repeatedly, letting them have space.  For about ten minutes in the second half when we kept the ball down and passed it, we looked like we might retrieve something, but that fizzled out and we went back to hoofball.

I barely know where to start with that mess.  Our keeper didn't do a lot wrong apart from over-hitting every clearance in the second half, but in front of him it was a comedy of errors.  Mcallister is utterly hopeless - runs around and points a lot but doesn't actually do nay footballing.  Reece Lyon was pretty much on his own in midfield (nearly scored too in the second half), but he has little or no support around him.  Jacobs is mediocre at best although decent penalty.  Cadden tried but he was surrounded by idiots.  Nesbitt needs to be reminded what the beating opponents is meant to lead to - it's not passing the ball to an opponent, Aiden. Sutton had a thankless task with nothing to feed on.  Hopkin's tactics were mince, and he didn't make the necessary changes soon enough, didn't try to change things, persisted with hoofing the ball.

18 games played and 11 defeats, the worst statistics in the division. Hopkin needs to put right the squad deficiencies in the next 4 weeks or fuck off.  He is a charlatan, clueless and impotent.  Get Tumilty back, find a striker, and free Mcallister.  Although I have little hope that he will do anything at all beyond meaningless platitudes.  Every bit as bad as Johannson.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Hopkin if you read this ball up to Sutton probably wins it none of our players about ball up to Sutton he wins none of our players about change it or fuck off. Apart from Wille McLean you are probably the worst manager since then even Johnatan Johansen.

I’m still fizzing about that. 6+ months of full time training and we’re producing garbage like that, against one of the worst teams in the league. I’ve completely lost any of the little faith I had in Hopkin. I have no desire to watch us under him again, he has no clue.

Archived