MORTON v Queen Of The South Sat 14 Dec - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MORTON v Queen Of The South Sat 14 Dec

Ton4life

The simplest means of improving performances is to get the best out of Nesbitt and Cadden on the same pitch: the 4-3-3 version that we tried on Saturday has consistently failed to do that. Given that we've now got a squad with just three centre backs but about 27 wingers, the best setup going forward should be something like this:

Rogers

Tumilty Baird McGinty/McLean Strapp

Jacobs Colville/McAlister

McGuffie Nesbitt Cadden

McHugh/Sutton

Have Nesbitt playing in the no. 10 role that he has already stated is his favoured position and would put him much closer to either linking up with McHugh or collecting Sutton's knockdowns. Either go for natural width on the right hand side or the signing of McGuffie was a complete waste of time and resources.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The simplest means of improving performances is to get the best out of Nesbitt and Cadden on the same pitch: the 4-3-3 version that we tried on Saturday has consistently failed to do that. Given that we've now got a squad with just three centre backs but about 27 wingers, the best setup going forward should be something like this:

Rogers

McGuffie Nesbitt Cadden

McHugh/Sutton

Have Nesbitt playing in the no. 10 role that he has already stated is his favoured position and would put him much closer to either linking up with McHugh or collecting Sutton's knockdowns. Either go for natural width on the right hand side or the signing of McGuffie was a complete waste of time and resources.

This.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Rogers

McGuffie Nesbitt Cadden

McHugh/Sutton

Would be happy with that.

Confirms what I thought at the time that it wasn’t over the line

It actually doesn’t though. Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Mate is a referee and mates with the lino. He said that the QotS goal cam shows it crossing the line. Suppose we will see when they get round to publishing that.

Unless their goalcam was attached to the crossbar or one of the posts, which is probably unlikely, I can't see how it could prove the ball fully crossed the line. If like most goalcams it was positioned behind the goal, it will almost certainly be equally inconclusive as Tontastic's photos. 

One of Tontastic's photos does catch the instant that the ball connects with the keeper's arm, and from the angle it was taken it's impossible to say if it was fully over the line or not. But if it was, it must have been by the proverbial gnat's bawhair, Assuming the linesman was about 30 metres away at best, it was a brave call from him to signal a goal, especially if he wasn't standing directly in-line with the goal-line. 

It’s only ‘controversial’ if you’re a bumpkin though (from the Borders; jimbobton).

Archived