The Famous v Partick - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Partick

vikingTON

I'm a bit concerned about our players' fitness for this one - off the back of two away games this week while Partick didn't play on Tuesday night, While we should stick to the 3-5-2 formation, I'm not convinced that it's wise to stick to the exact same winning team if we have fresher options available from the bench. I'd bring in Millar for Tidser in the engine room as I don't think either are capable of playing three games in a week to a high standard. If we had more options at centre-back then I'd probably rest Kilday as well but we'll probably have to take our chances there. 

Hopefully we absolutely hound that horrible shower of luvvies and media darlings.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We absolutely need to go into this looking for 3 points.

They are in horrendous form. Lost 5 on the bounce, only scored 1 goal in those 5 games, lost every away game and playing really poor it seems. Their fans seem to have given up!

Wasn't there on Tues so can't judge individual performances but can see JJ going with the same team to try and give us a bit of continuity, unless anyone picked up a knock. Doubt there will be any general fitness concerns, all fit boys and have had 3/4 days recovery, certainly wouldn't want Tidser rested! 

3-1 and hopefully in the top 4 come Sat night.

Edit- Sack that, just heard JJs interview, expect changes now!

Although we won the game on Tuesday, we didn't really play well - for most of the second half we just sat back and absorbed the pressure. We scored two good goals (the second an absolute peach) and we should have had a third when Oliver was through on goal, but other than that we didn't really create much.  Too often the ball was hoofed clear only to return immediately.  I think the lack of Chris Millar made a huge difference - he seems to make time for himself and rarely gets flustered.  Having Tidser further back was maybe necessary but he's better further forward IMHO as he can pick out a pass and can shoot from range.

We desperately need a decent striker on the pitch, but I assume Denny won't be ready (what is actually wrong with him?).  If Millar is ready to return, that would be great - do we know for how long he was to be out?

Fitness (as opposed to injuries) shouldn't be a problem - these are professionals who should be able to cope with the odd midweek game.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Fitness (as opposed to injuries) shouldn't be a problem - these are professionals who should be able to cope with the odd midweek game.

There's a big difference between 'coping' with a midweek game and playing to the best of your ability tomorrow though. Kilday for example is only recently back from a long-term injury and has been blowing out of his arse in some games this season - playing three games in a week must be a concern. Millar is 35 and won't be playing three games per week regardless of whether he is actually injured or is just managing minor niggles; despite by all account being the best trainer in the squad Tidser has also had various fitness and injury issues over the years.

Anyone who has completed the last two games should be at least considered for a rest tomorrow; this situation is why you put together a first-team squad in the first place. The management team will know the individual cases much better than anyone else though. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm not particularly confident for this one - a fully rested Partick will be viewing this as an opportunity to stop the rot and we need to match that. The thought of Quitongo coming off the bench after 70 minutes and facing up against our ropey and tired defenders is giving me the fear. 

A draw of some description. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I think we'll win by a couple, and I'll have to retract drunkenly calling for JJ's head following the Ross County game. I understand VT's call for a rest for Tids, but I'd prefer him to help us into a strong position before getting a rest early in the 2nd half.

Looking forward to the game.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Thistle have picked up zero points from their five away games so far, scoring thrice and conceding ten times. They are absolutely gash and JJ is hopefully leaving the players under no illusions here - three points are an absolute must if we're going to make something of the campaign. Even if a player or two is rested - something I wouldn't be against - the midweek result shows that even with a young player coming into the lineup, we can grind out a result. That's what we need here. I expect a very close game, despite Thistle's poor form, but realistically we need the three points and I think we'll just get them. Bob "Kempes" McHugh with the odd goal in three.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived