Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 63 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United 1-0 Ross County.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Can't see it happening myself but the club has a fairly big stake in the title race going down to the final day with Dundee United coming to Cappielow. If that's a dead rubber match before the play offs then they might take only a few hundred down; if they have any chance of scraping a title win then they'd surely take a few thousand instead. That's about a £50k difference in revenue right there. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd like to see a more detailed explanation of how the club managed to turn a modest profit/break even position over the previous two seasons into a nearly £300k loss: reduced prize money alone simply is not enough to account for that. There is however a wider context to this. Queen of the South also announced a loss of 'over £200k' in their published accounts last month (on top of a £100k loss the season before); Inverness just registered an eye-watering £810k loss in the same period and lost their chief executive the other night. Something bigger is going on in the economics of Scottish football so it's not as simple to conclude that GMFC as usual have spectacularly dropped the ball on this one. 

Not a Championship side any more*, but to further support this point Raith Rovers have just announced a loss of £393k in League One last season, on top of the £200k loss they made in their final season in the Championship. 

Despite enjoying greater guaranteed annual revenue than ever before, Scottish football clubs beneath the top flight clearly remain totally incapable of breaking even. Where has all that money gone? 

nor ever again

greggy.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Imagine losing to a JJ managed side being only the second biggest humiliation you've had at the hands of The Famous this decade. 

article-2431052-183C79F400000578-465_634

Who exactly going to score the goals for us?

How ironic that a team with a goal scorer for a manager struggles to score actual goals.

Then again, maybe not.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived