Morton Reserves vs Man U Reserves - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Reserves vs Man U Reserves

BishopBrennan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost 1-0. Had plenty of good spells in the match without a cutting edge. Always felt they could step it up at any point and they did a couple of times.

Decent match.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Just out the game, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Was expecting a bit of a doing going into this, but thought there wasn't much between the two teams at all, some nice football from both sides.

Standout for us was Mcgrattan, looked really comfortable on the ball and played well. Assume he was subbed off as he might be involved on Sat.

Standout for them was their no 7 aiden Barlow. Creative type, nice passing and direct.

Also their no.9 done well for his goal.

Highlight of the day though goes to the guy retrieving the ball from the shed, who tripped up and flashed his bare arse to the entire stand!

Was impressed with shaun rodgers the no.15 who came on. A direct winger which is what we were missing first half. Though Farrell the goalkeeper was assured and protected the ball well when saving. Hopefully he has a growth spurt over next few years.

Heartbroken to learn my football manager hero Roshaun Williams is a bit of a donkey.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

As has been mentioned above, while 1-0 was probably a fair enough reflection of the match, Man U never got out of second gear. If they'd raised the intensity I don't think we could have matched it and would have struggled. 

A decent enough experience for the boys that played, although I wouldn't have confidence in any them to make the step into the first team at the moment. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Heartbroken to learn my football manager hero Roshaun Williams is a bit of a donkey.

A few of us were talking about that earlier on, I've signed him a few times and he's always been pish. Could have had a double today as well. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Could have done with him on Saturday.

To do what exactly? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Played pretty well, enjoyed the game. Physically we couldn’t really compete with them (hence the constant short corners) but aside from that we were fine. Lacked a wee bit of a cutting edge and our reluctance to shoot let us down a couple times. Other than that, good experience for the team, would be up for more of these kind of games if they were at all possible.

One of the United fans on the way out was having a moan to me about Low “clearly being over 21” :lol: Wonder if we’ll offer him anything?

Hope we sign him, looking forward to the wee white arrow appearing every time he gets near the ball, wonder how they’ll do the that

4 goals for Largs in 8 appearances (4 as a sub!).

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Archived