Ross County vs Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ross County vs Morton

BishopBrennan

I think Saturday was (minus Johnstone) pretty much our strongest line up and we should be looking to something similar. I feel like I say this every time Denny is nearing fitness, but I'd rather be finishing the game with him on the park than him playing the first hour then fading out. If he isn't fit then I'm happy enough with Oliver starting up front after a decent display from him last week. 

With the strength of the opposition, and his excellent passing range, I'd want Millar to play a more defensive role, screening and trying to play the ball into Telfer and MacLean. Telfer's intelligence and MacLean's movement will be key to getting a decent supply into Oliver. 

Scully 

Tumilty Buchanan Waddell McKeown

McAlister Millar

Tidser 

MacLean                                     Telfer

Oliver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFlNYgTy-RU

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought, but I wonder how switching Telfer and MacLean would work.

Going back to the Queen of The South game, we seemed to get the ball down the right hand channel a load of times in the first half then had nobody doing anything in the box (as in, McHugh). With the addition of McKeown meaning we have two relatively attacking full backs, maybe having players coming in off the wing to attack the back post could be an option? 

If Millar drops a bit deeper, it gives a bit more protection for Tidser to arrive late so it it could make Oliver's role a bit easier. In the last few games it's never really seemed like there's anybody around the box when the ball's out wide, so it's maybe something that would be an option even for periods of a game if we're struggling to make a breakthrough.

Could also go tits up, I suppose, but still.

AWMSC

Go on Rory! That’s the way we should be talking, good attitude and he seems to have enjoyed the Falkirk game.

Also a good interview with JJ, he got to the top of his game by hard work and having a great attitude... that seems to be rubbing off onto the squad, I’m confident that we don’t fear any game now

Tumilty will feel hard done by not starting today. He played well last week when he came on.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Tumilty looks decent going forward but, for me, is suspect defensively.

Given that we are playing away today and at the league leaders aswell, I agree with JJ's decision to start Kilday.

Reegs did play well against Falkirk, but they didnt pose as much of an attacking threat as I expect will come from County today.

Archived