The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw.. - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw..

delboy66

Edinburgh City play at Ainslie Park which is about as far away from the city centre as you can get. And Scotland's capital is so shan that - unlike the sprawling metropolis of Greenock - it doesn't have a frequent train service to whisk you between the ground and the pub. 

They can be reclaimed by the sea then. 

If you want far away from the city centre try Granton or Wester Hailes or Sighthill or Niddrie or need I go on? I think you need to look at a map.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want far away from the city centre try Granton or Wester Hailes or Sighthill or Niddrie or need I go on? I think you need to look at a map.

Erm yes, thanks for that utterly irrelevant and tedious list of skips in the city of Edinburgh; I'm sure Salty will be raging that you've taken his job. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm yes, thanks for that utterly irrelevant and tedious list of skips in the city of Edinburgh; I'm sure Salty will be raging that you've taken his job. 

Don't do yourself a disservice - irrelevant and tedious is what you are renowned for. As for Salty, I always assumed the two of you were one and the same.

I prefer Glaswegian people but Edinburgh pisses all over it otherwise.

Same here. As mid-sized cities go, Edinburgh is utterly world-class for a visit. I'd rather live among Glaswegians but I honestly believe that Edinburgh rivals some of the beautiful towns of Northern Italy, for example, for sheer aesthetic wonder. Even if it was a shanty town the setting alone would be amazing, but it'd also got some of the finest architecture and and civic design in the UK. The Festival and fringe don't interest me but I assume theater types are onto something when you consider its popularity. And its museums and galleries are, if not London quality, pretty prestigious. It also has Scotland's best fine dining.

I feel like a traitor when I do it but when people here ask me for recommendations about Scotland, I always tell them that Edinburgh is non-negotiable. Glasgow is worth it if they are staying for a longer amount of time, but if they're just spending a couple of nights it simply must include the capital.

Exactly. Sack living there but its good for a day out once in a while.

WTF!?!

Edinburgh pisses over Glasgow!?!

Is this the same Embra that suffers from little-brother syndrome where Glasgow is concerned?

Granted Edinburgh has capital of Scotland status (for all its worth) but what on earth does Embra have which makes it Piss all over Glasgow?

*insert signature here*

Parts of the old town are pretty stunning, to be fair, and you'd be hard pressed to find a more breath-taking scene than the view across to the Castle when you come out of Waverley, but neither really make up for the fact that it's full of cunts from Edinburgh.

Sooner Glasgow is given it's rightful status as Scotland's capital the better.

AWMSC

WTF!?!

Edinburgh pisses over Glasgow!?!

Is this the same Embra that suffers from little-brother syndrome where Glasgow is concerned?

Granted Edinburgh has capital of Scotland status (for all its worth) but what on earth does Embra have which makes it Piss all over Glasgow?

I mean all I said was it's good for a day out. I don't live in either but would chose Glasgow every time to live in and 9/10 for a day out but Edinburgh is really good once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Small change IMO to watch the eventual winners dish out a shoeing to that lying, gutless, gormless snake McInally.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McInally is such a wanker, I genuinely despise the man.

As a club, and as a fanbase, we've still not recovered from the rupture McInally wanted between the club and the 'boo boy' fans. An absolute snake **** of the highest order. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived