The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw.. - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw..

delboy66

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rothes host Annan in the second round, either one would be a fairly qual away day, needless to say the former is better.

Brora will surely horse Coldstream, and that's the grand prize tie right there.

Coldstream. All these Teuchter places seem too far. They should be in the Icelandic Cup.

*insert signature here*

Wasn't there police to meet the ferry at Ardrossan the last time we played in Arran?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Aye. About 4 riot vans, dugs the lot. The ferry nearly didn't sail and it was the headline of the local paper.

The best away day ever. That arsehole amateur player will still be red from his roasting that day 😂

The draw for the Scottish Cup Third Round is as follows:

Airdrieonians v Dumbarton

Alloa Athletic v Brechin City

Arbroath v Stranraer

Beith Juniors v Ayr United

Berwick Rangers v East Fife

Cowdenbeath v Brora Rangers

East Kilbride v Gala Fairydean Rovers

Edinburgh City v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Forfar Athletic v BSC Glasgow

Fraserburgh v Cove Rangers or Auchinleck Talbot

Greenock Morton v Peterhead

Montrose v Annan Athletic

Queen of the South v Formartine United

Queen’s Park v Raith Rovers

Stenhousemuir v Falkirk

University of Stirling v Elgin City

The ties will be played on Saturday, 24 November.

A trip to Berwick in the next round would be nice :D

*insert signature here*

A trip to Brora in the next round will be glorious after they turf out Cowdenbeath (victors I believe over abject minnows ‘Clyde’ in the previous round).

A return to Beith would be welcome given the circumstances of that matchup as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A trip to Brora in the next round will be glorious after they turf out Cowdenbeath (victors I believe over abject minnows ‘Clyde’ in the previous round).

A return to Beith would be welcome given the circumstances of that matchup as well.

Your presence was missed yesterday. Where are you this weather?

*insert signature here*

Day oot in the Burgh vs Edinburgh City wouldnt be bad. Ideally though get some team fron the highland league or lowland league - anywhere where pints are affordable and a win all but guaranteed (excpet EK thats a dump).

Day oot in the Burgh vs Edinburgh City wouldnt be bad. Ideally though get some team fron the highland league or lowland league - anywhere where pints are affordable and a win all but guaranteed (excpet EK thats a dump).

Edinburgh's a shithole.

*insert signature here*

I prefer Glaswegian people but Edinburgh pisses all over it otherwise.

Same here. As mid-sized cities go, Edinburgh is utterly world-class for a visit. I'd rather live among Glaswegians but I honestly believe that Edinburgh rivals some of the beautiful towns of Northern Italy, for example, for sheer aesthetic wonder. Even if it was a shanty town the setting alone would be amazing, but it'd also got some of the finest architecture and and civic design in the UK. The Festival and fringe don't interest me but I assume theater types are onto something when you consider its popularity. And its museums and galleries are, if not London quality, pretty prestigious. It also has Scotland's best fine dining.

I feel like a traitor when I do it but when people here ask me for recommendations about Scotland, I always tell them that Edinburgh is non-negotiable. Glasgow is worth it if they are staying for a longer amount of time, but if they're just spending a couple of nights it simply must include the capital.

EOho8Pw.png

Edinburgh City play at Ainslie Park which is about as far away from the city centre as you can get. And Scotland's capital is so shan that - unlike the sprawling metropolis of Greenock - it doesn't have a frequent train service to whisk you between the ground and the pub. 

They can be reclaimed by the sea then. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived