Takeover Rumours - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Takeover Rumours

BishopBrennan

It isn't that great for the club when the link to their online shop take you to this: http://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/ *

I suppose you take the rough with the smooth with these types of deals, but could it not link to a specifically Morton front page rather than getting a deal on another team's top?

*content will probably be time sensitive

Said it before and i'll say it again right now; get smiths to fuck. 

RE. bus travel, it'd be good if Morton would consider subsidising some of the away travel for the local travel clubs. 

We had a period of time last season whereby we played 5 games in such a condensed period of time, most of which where away from home. I know this wasn't particularly easy for travel clubs financially and some if not most reduced their prices to try and get folk to as many games. 

Just my tuppenceworth, but we should encourage people to support local travel clubs in getting folk to games. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of the mobile shop, surely the club has at least investigated the possibility of a stall in the middle of the Oak Mall. Smiths have made an arse of the merchandising at every turn, if there hasn't been an evaluation of other options it's a big failing.

If you put up a stall then you’re effectively ending the deal with Smiths. Then a stall really wouldn’t be enough for the different products as well as match ticket sales so you’d have to rent a unit, which by all accounts is extortionate as the gormless owners of the place try to stave off doing a Rangers on a weekly basis.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...

Journalist Peter Davidson has penned an article discussing the takeover rumours, becoming a 'feeder club' and analysing foreign examples of the feeder club model. 

https://letsdothefortytwo.wordpress.com/2018/11/02/greenock-morton-becoming-a-feeder-club-and-the-success-it-could-bring/

What do you think about Peter's article? Should we 'grab the deal with both hands'?

I’d like to see the brick wall at the back of the cowshed where the pie stall is replaced with see through perspex.

Why bother with perspex?  Just knock down the top section of the bit of the wall which is under cover; reduce it to a height of about 1200mm and you're sorted.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Journalist Peter Davidson has penned an article discussing the takeover rumours, becoming a 'feeder club' and analysing foreign examples of the feeder club model.

https://letsdothefortytwo.wordpress.com/2018/11/02/greenock-morton-becoming-a-feeder-club-and-the-success-it-could-bring/

What do you think about Peter's article? Should we 'grab the deal with both hands'?

That's embarrassing. Who paid him to write that?

It's an obvious blog post m8.

Not my words SpoonTon. The words of Top Gear magazine

That reference has gone over my head  :lol:

At the risk of being wooshed here, what I meant was that it looks like someone has paid an "independent" blogger for a puff piece. 

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman of Morton, I can assure you. Once I've emerged, victorious, from the jungle, I'll be setting my sights very much on the Mighty Ton. Me, my good friend Mike Read and good old Mark King from Level 42 are planning a trip 'Doon the Watter' to take in a match in the New Year.

Those two local siblings - self-starters, the seed money for whose empire came from bulk bought bags of McCain oven chips as rumour goes apparently, sold at a sizeable mark-up - may currently be in the process of buying half of the commercial property in Greenock may well have millions of pounds, but I have a feeling they are playing the long game. A Morton team full of sons, nephews and even a women's Morton beach volleyball team!

In the meantime. Vote Noel and avoid negative thoughts, it may be the reason you get ill. Positive thinking and calling up the cosmos could yet bring a memorable season for The Popular! Good luck against the The Blue Ton on Sataday. Pelt James McInally with challenging rhetoric!

Archived