Takeover Rumours - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Takeover Rumours

BishopBrennan

They’d want money out of this, obviously. There isn’t much of it in Scottish Football but to get some sort of worrhwhile return we’d need to be in the top flight/competing for trophies. That’s about the only positive I can think of at the minute.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would we take a Gretna style push - minus the eventual liquidation - to see a few seasons of glory then drop back to mediocracy - minus any damage to us as a club?

Defo. Chances of that happening though are beyond slim, I don’t think this would end well regardless of what happened in between.

I really can't see why any of these guys would want to invest in Morton given they won't get any money out of it unless we were to find some players to sell on for decent money in the future. Maybe they are happy to lose money and make some success story to boost their egos but I don't understand their interest at all. 

Would we take a Gretna style push - minus the eventual liquidation - to see a few seasons of glory then drop back to mediocracy - minus any damage to us as a club?

I don't think I would. As there is no guarantee we would drop back down to where we are now. We could very well end up doing a Gretna and be playing our football in the pits of Scottish football if it isn't handled properly. These guys could bring us success but then get bored and jump ship leaving us f*cked financially. 

I don't see the Easdales needing these two guys. They would come at a cost where as they could run the club themselves in my opinion.

Hawke should be looking at updating his CV. I am sure they would want their own man as CEO.

They signed players on loan at Newcastle with no intention of playing them as favours to agents etc, I'm sure they'd find a way to make their money back by whatever means necessary.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

They would need a wage to leave current positions to come to Morton so they could fork out £50k a year on each of them or more. That's a big sum and who going to pick the bill up, we get 2000 a week and don't make any TV money or money on transfers.

Carr is at Northampton Town so he would need to leave his role surely and he aint going to work for us for free.

Who knows, maybe the easdales are going to buy the club but had these two guys present for advice and to strike up a partnership with Newcastle and Northampton?

Maybe it is to become a feeder of Newcastle as they are talking about doing away with their academy as costing too much.

The Easdales have been around the club for long enough so clearly not put off by what they see if they are indeed looking to take over. No smoke without fire and there must be something in it for me.

No doubt they are very successful businessmen and whilst we know what their true allegiances are, it's also pretty clear they have a soft spot for us and have done for a good few years now.

I would welcome a fresh approach to see where it takes us. In the main, we have been a second tier club for 30 years now so why not welcome a change to see what they can do. I don't believe for a second it would be  Hugh Scott type situation. These guys know us well, have sponsored us, paid for players etc and have so many business interests in the area that they would be foolish to risk jeopardising that relationship with the local community. Of course there is no guarantee of success( Top flight football i would imagine) but likewise, I doubt there would be liquidation/admin threat nor a fall down the leagues and never return scenario.

The Rae's have been great for us overall but maybe it is time for a change and the Easdales appear to be the only viable and interested option. 

As for the other guys mentioned, not reading too much into that at the moment. Doubt they even know who Morton are.

Johansson now had a bit on the BBC website talking about the "big plan" for top flight football. Might be just a coincidence,but who knows.

I'm more interested in his his big plan to actually win a match.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The Easdales have been around the club for long enough so clearly not put off by what they see if they are indeed looking to take over. No smoke without fire and there must be something in it for me.

No doubt they are very successful businessmen and whilst we know what their true allegiances are, it's also pretty clear they have a soft spot for us and have done for a good few years now.

I would welcome a fresh approach to see where it takes us. In the main, we have been a second tier club for 30 years now so why not welcome a change to see what they can do. I don't believe for a second it would be  Hugh Scott type situation. These guys know us well, have sponsored us, paid for players etc and have so many business interests in the area that they would be foolish to risk jeopardising that relationship with the local community. Of course there is no guarantee of success( Top flight football i would imagine) but likewise, I doubt there would be liquidation/admin threat nor a fall down the leagues and never return scenario.

The Rae's have been great for us overall but maybe it is time for a change and the Easdales appear to be the only viable and interested option. 

As for the other guys mentioned, not reading too much into that at the moment. Doubt they even know who Morton are.

That's largely my thoughts on it. I'm quite open to the idea of the Easdales themselves, or at least to hearing what they have to say for themselves about it, but if other figures were starting to creep about the periphery then it'd change the picture a bit.

Not really taking it too seriously anyway, as far as I can see the Daily Mail have done what they do and made a scene about nothing. 

AWMSC

Archived