Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t help but wonder where we would be if he had that form when we had him on loan.

He’d still be a fat mess. It took that drop down for him to sort himself out and do his personal training qualification that’s ultimately got him to where he is today fitness wise.

You see so many young talented players who aren't fit and drop down the leagues due to poor attitude and stay there so good for him that going to league one gave him the kick up the arse he needed.

He never had a pre season with us to get him fit. I dare say had he had a pre season under Duffy we'd have seen something more like this version of him rather than the waste of space we had up front for us.

I can't wait to see the next striker we sign in January when going for the title that ultimately costs us any success as we are getting used to it now.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-secures-ground-breaking-broadcast-deals

Don’t want to start a new thread- pretty horrendous to see BT have lost the whole lot, now. Premier Sports also have the League Cup exclusively.

Jesus, that's grim. If they have any sense they'll bring BT's commentators and pundits over to Sky. Commons and Boyd are s***e. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Jesus, that's grim. If they have any sense they'll bring BT's commentators and pundits over to Sky. Commons and Boyd are s***e.

The problem isn’t so much the pundits themselves as Sky’s half-arsed attitude towards their coverage- in the same hour they’ve announced a £595 million five year deal with the EFL (starting a year before our new deal, which is also over 5 years) and no mention of how much they’re paying the SPFL.

We all know the Premier League is the priority for them, but if thry’re shelling out that much on the EFL, we know that Scottish football is well down the list of priorities. It’s a slot filler for them- why bother investing in Chris Sutton and Michael Stewart for games that yhey’re Not really committed to?

At least we’ve got another season and a half of BT Sport, but after that the fun’s over unless Sky really surprise us.

Boost for football fans as BBC Scotland secures bumper package of

live matches and highlights

BBC Scotland has agreed exciting new deals with the SPFL to screen live matches from the Championship for the first time and make a major long term commitment to the game with extended contracts for Premiership highlights and live radio commentary. 

The new BBC Scotland channel will be the home of the Championship coverage, screening live matches which will be scheduled regularly on Friday nights.

Highlights of the deals, which represent a long term commitment to the Scottish game, include:

• Up to 20 live matches from The Championship on television across seasons 18/19 and 19/20. Supporters will have the opportunity to view regular action across the length and breadth of the country on BBC Scotland – the BBC’s new channel for Scotland.
• 160 live matches per season from the Scottish Premiership on BBC Radio Scotland. A five year extension to the current deal to run until 2025. 
• In a major long term commitment, television highlights from the Scottish Premiership will be available across BBC free to air services until 2025. 

• Each deal includes rights to broadcast on the BBC’s digital services. 

Steve Carson, head of multiplatform commissioning, BBC Scotland said: “We are delighted to have agreed this new long term deal with the SPFL. We know there is a huge appetite for Scottish football amongst the audience and these deals will allow us to bring them more action than ever before from the top tiers of the game. It’s great news for fans of the Scottish game and we’re looking forward to delivering a multi-platform package of high quality coverage across tv, radio and online.”

Neil Doncaster, chief executive SPFL added: “We are thrilled to extend our longstanding partnership with BBC Scotland, who have been at the forefront of ensuring that fans of Scottish football are able to follow their teams throughout each season.” 

The SPFL deal is a significant addition to BBC Scotland’s existing sports portfolio which includes the enhanced Scottish Cup deal, which will broadcast a total of eleven live matches and feature live coverage from rounds 1,2 and 3 for the first time from season 2019/20. 

These deals come ahead of the forthcoming launch of BBC Scotland’s new TV channel in February 2019 and will form part of the multi- genre schedule which will also include a mix of documentary strands, factual entertainment programming, comedy and drama. The channel represents the single biggest BBC investment in Scotland and ultimately means hundreds of more hours of content for audiences in Scotland. 
Ends

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Dunno if this is news or not, but the BBC will be showing Championship games from this season as part of the new deal. Vaguely remember reading a mention of it before, but can't remember if it was on here or not.

Edit: Just realised it was mentioned a few posts up. Nm that then...

AWMSC

Sky have form for taking out the competition. BT coverage of the game is far from perfect but at least they have made an effort to make it Scottish. I much prefer BT to Sky but the numbers probably don't add up for BT to keep overpaying. As for Premier...

Sky Sports have lost an awful lot in recent years, so they've maybe decided that they needed to do something about that. Apparently it's about £10m more a year than BT were offering. The comments about the coverage are spot on, but BT could have matched the offer if they really had the will to do so.

BT are no longer interested in sport since the new chief executive took over, as it was the person in the position previously who spearheaded their adventure in to the sporting world, so it's no surprise that they're not willing to pay that much for our game. I wouldn't be surprised to see BT Sport shut down within the next 5 years which is a shame as i love their coverage of the Scottish game, English Premier League and UFC.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Reports say BT offered less than the current £21m deal. So for the 5 year contract they offered less than £105m.

Sky won the rights by offering £160m.

That's madness if true. Perhaps a hidden agenda by talking the game up and expecting the rights in return for a reduced price?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That's madness if true. Perhaps a hidden agenda by talking the game up and expecting the rights in return for a reduced price?

I'd say its probably more that the BT staff on the ground cared a lot about the product they gave us and talking up our game, but the big executives who control the money couldn't give two fucks about Scottish football.

32.gif

Archived