The Next Scottish Manager - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Next Scottish Manager

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unrelatedbut if anyone's heading over for the Mexico game let me know, it's the closest thing I'll have to a home game for a while (closer than the Jacksonville game a few years ago), so I'm going to head down for it. We can grab a beer, or as the Mexicans call it, "una beer."

EOho8Pw.png

James McFadden appointed as a coach. I wasn't aware he even had all his badges.

Think he was at Motherwell coaching for a while.

Not sure if he's a good coach but always think he speaks well and is positive about Scottish football (which Strachan didn't do much) so hopefully works well.

How can we appoint a manager when we don't even have a Chef Exec' of the SFA or an interim one. Also, we have the chairman of Broa Ragers, yes...BORA RANGERS, pulling the strings. His club are not even professional or governed by the SFA as the highland league have their own authority.

Poor appointment and the job is more demanding now than it was when he was in charge all those years ago. Very disappointing.

The SFA board and executives should only get 4 years in the role then need to be re-elected.

The problem is they elect within their own - how will that ever result in fundamental change or even restructuring? The only club that potentially has the clout to initiate a wider review of how the SFA operates is Celtic and that in itself is divisive.

I read elsewhere that some Celtic fans want their players to decline a call-up to the Scotland squad because big Eck was involved in the EBT issue :1eye:. 

I didn't know it was someone from Brora in cherge right now, that's fantastic.

It's not. The guy McRae works solely for the SFA and has done for the past 23 years. He once played for Cove Rangers.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Cove, not Brora. I guess he has a lot of institutional knowledge in the SFA, at least, if he's been there that long. Unfortunately those 23 years have largely been characterized by failure and mediocrity. 

Generally I don't believe in just booting out everyone and starting again because I know in every organization, even dysfunctional ones, there is institutional memory and some useful tradition. But in the case of this specific guy, his 23 years of blazer-wearing result in failing to get Michael O'Neill and then appointing Alex McLeish, a guy who admittedly did quite well with us but since then has had a very mixed record, and hasn't spent more than a season at one club in eight years. That's the best he can do? He shouldn't be running the SFA if that's the case.

EOho8Pw.png

• 4 weeks later...

It's not as if he's been elected for life HC. Clearly he is the best man to lead us to the sunny uplands and I expect the dynamic leadership he's already demonstrated will really shake the blazers up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived