Johansson's Future - Page 21 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

Why would you be tasked with cost cutting if you're gunning for the premier?

Plan is to give youth a chance, according to JJ in today's paper. That doesnt win you titles. Let's face it; its down the s***ter

Realising the chance this year is slim due to the upheaval, make a few savings, go again in year 2 and 3?

Makes no sense to just say 3 year plan must be gone because of the here and now.

We must get answers though or season ticket sales will go from record high to embarrassing low.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't ever recall claiming Irons' injuring anyone. 

Be keen to see the evidence of that one. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I believe he should be punted to fuck. Clearly not good enough and is going to lead us to relegation if we don't start picking up results.

Absolutely no idea who we would bring in though.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I don't ever recall claiming Irons' injuring anyone.

Be keen to see the evidence of that one.

The forum isn’t searchable beyond about 12 months champ; that doesn’t change the fact that it happened though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Realising the chance this year is slim due to the upheaval, make a few savings, go again in year 2 and 3?

Makes no sense to just say 3 year plan must be gone because of the here and now.

We must get answers though or season ticket sales will go from record high to embarrassing low.

IMO, shouldn't be re starting year after year. Consistency wins the league

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I did claim that Irons had his favourites and left others out of the team. This was relayed to me by a friend of a player who, by coincidence, was not getting a regular game. This practice was not unique to Irons (see also, Allan McGraw and Dave McCabe for example).

I have never stated that a manager has injured a player (I likely have claimed that McGraw played an unfit Alan Mahood and then ended up with him out for months, but that's a separate matter).

Clearly mixing me up with someone else - but why let that get in the way of a ludicrous claim?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I did claim that Irons had his favourites and left others out of the team. This was relayed to me by a friend of a player who, by coincidence, was not getting a regular game. This practice was not unique to Irons (see also, Allan McGraw and Dave McCabe for example).

I have never stated that a manager has injured a player (I likely have claimed that McGraw played an unfit Alan Mahood and then ended up with him out for months, but that's a separate matter).

Clearly mixing me up with someone else - but why let that get in the way of a ludicrous claim?

Yes I remember you mentioning and many others - including myself - in agreement about McGraw playing Alan Mahood when he was clearly injured/unfit.

As much as I cannot stand Irons I don't remember you claiming he played or deliberately allowed players to become injured. 

I believe the award winning analysis - on this occasion anyway - is flawed.

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

The medium to long term direction of the club is a valid concern, but it is an entirely separate issue from the clear and obvious mismanagement of the first team squad right now. People have to realise that there is no limit to the number and type of excuses that this clown will offer to cover his own failures; the sooner that we automatically file his mewling in the bin, the better.

Yes, I said it in part because I think they need to either say "look, this is the situation that we're working with, stop moaning about it" to him, or just to refute it. But if it's the latter obviously they don't want to appear like a house divided. Either way it's the same old excuses from the managerial hotseat. I get it, managing a club like Morton isn't easy. So here's a simple solution for people who want to get up on the cross when they're here: don't apply for the fucking job!

EOho8Pw.png

Yes, I said it in part because I think they need to either say "look, this is the situation that we're working with, stop moaning about it" to him, or just to refute it. But if it's the latter obviously they don't want to appear like a house divided. Either way it's the same old excuses from the managerial hotseat. I get it, managing a club like Morton isn't easy. So here's a simple solution for people who want to get up on the cross when they're here: don't apply for the ****ing job!

I wouldn't really be surprised if there's been no comment because Rae and Hawke haven't bothered reading the reports.

If what Johansson is claiming is true, it's a massive betrayal of the fans after the promises of the summer and utterly unforgivable. The club needs to make a statement about this, it's not acceptable for these claims, results, performances and general direction to go without comment. Either Johansson is lying (which he is, no matter what) or the club has acted in a manner which is of Scott-esque duplicity.

Johansson is doing so much damage to the club and it can't continue.

AWMSC

I don't get the :

Either Johansson is lying (which he is, no matter what

bit.

This matter really needs to be cleared up once and for all. Whatever the truth it has been very badly handled on all sides.

Now that results are not going or way JJ's references to the circumstances under which he is working look like excuses for below par performances and the club's silence on the matter could be interpreted as implying there is some sort of rift.

If we had all been told at the beginning of his tenure that we were reverting to the daft 8 8 8 model then we would have adjusted our expectations accordingly and also accepted however reluctantly that the three year plan was gone.

JJ however it pans out will come and go. We the supporters are Greenock Morton and in some respects the way we are treated and taken for granted is beyond disgraceful.

Lying might not be the right word, but call it obfuscating, deflecting or whatever you like but his line that his hands are tied and he's serving a bigger purpose is entirely dishonest. For starters, the January dealings done nothing to address the age of the squad, nor the size of it: MacLean, Tiffoney, Scully and Thompson (who, as an aside, you have to assume was on a pretty low wage) went, O'Connell, Kiltie, McCrorie, Dallas and the other keeper came in, so to start chucking red herrings about trimming the squad about is drivel.

He's failing catastrophicly and making statements about being hired to do x, y and z is just flat-out bullshit. Regardless of what his remit is, he's the guy who played a back 5 at Alloa and East Fife and no amount of finger-pointing changes that.

On a broader note, it occurred to me that you pretty much never here him talking about winning. There's a lot of "tight defensively", "sneak a chance", but you just don't hear that drive to win games of football that you get from most managers.

AWMSC

It is inevitable he won’t cut the mustard here. It’s the damage he is going to do during his tenure that is concerning.

Tidser leaving on a pre contract to a certain team could have been avoidable but the Failing Finn has made the decision all too easy for him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Millar were to go elsewhere next season. He had a good career away from us and must be a bit bemused with this imposter in the dugout.

It will be interesting to see his planning for next season as I don’t see the board getting rid of him. He had brought a kid in on loan as number one keeper which would suggest Gaston is away in the summer so he either try’s to keep the Rangers boy on a season long loan next year, finds a new number one or Geordie the Giant goes between the sticks.

At the back he will want 5-6 to really form it up.

I have zero faith in him, the football is appalling and his interviews are atrocious.

If you were to talk worse managers in our history, he would be getting close to a place amongst them.

It is inevitable he won’t cut the mustard here. It’s the damage he is going to do during his tenure that is concerning.

Tidser leaving on a pre contract to a certain team could have been avoidable but the Failing Finn has made the decision all too easy for him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Millar were to go elsewhere next season. He had a good career away from us and must be a bit bemused with this imposter in the dugout.

It will be interesting to see his planning for next season as I don’t see the board getting rid of him. He had brought a kid in on loan as number one keeper which would suggest Gaston is away in the summer so he either try’s to keep the Rangers boy on a season long loan next year, finds a new number one or Geordie the Giant goes between the sticks.

At the back he will want 5-6 to really form it up.

I have zero faith in him, the football is appalling and his interviews are atrocious.

If you were to talk worse managers in our history, he would be getting close to a place amongst them.

Has the Tidser rumour ever become anything other than that?

See even after Spartans I don’t think Duffy lost this much faith.

I think it's an accumulation. I don't even lay it purely at JJ's feet he's just the latest in a long line of poor appointments in poor seasons of a long-suffering poor football club.

If we hadn't been shite for 30 years I don't think people would be so venomous about him. Me included. I hope he turns things around I just don't see it happening.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

See even after Spartans I don’t think Duffy lost this much faith.

I think it's an accumulation. I don't even lay it purely at JJ's feet he's just the latest in a long line of poor appointments in poor seasons of a long-suffering poor football club.

If we hadn't been shite for 30 years I don't think people would be so venomous about him. Me included. I hope he turns things around I just don't see it happening.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived