Female Referees - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Female Referees

Watching the Bundesliga just now and I see that the referee for the Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Nuremberg game is a rather attractive blonde female. The Germans seem to be ahead of the curve with most things like this, does anyone think that this will be commonplace in Football very soon?

*insert signature here*

Watching the Bundesliga just now and I see that the referee for the Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Nuremberg game is a rather attractive blonde female. The Germans seem to be ahead of the curve with most things like this, does anyone think that this will be commonplace in Football very soon?

Who’s this beautiful blond man with a lovely voice?

What does your attraction to her, or her hair colour, have to do with the matter?

A lot, really. As a really good looking female refereeing the game could get a bit of special treatment from the fans, who may be a bit more forgiving towards her for any errors which she may make, in comparison to a female who looked like a dug chewing a wasp, who may not be cut any slack at all.

It's a bit of a game-changer if you ask me. It is also the pre-cursor for female players playing in the men's game.

*insert signature here*

A lot, really. As a really good looking female refereeing the game could get a bit of special treatment from the fans, who may be a bit more forgiving towards her for any errors which she may make, in comparison to a female who looked like a dug chewing a wasp, who may not be cut any slack at all.

It's a bit of a game-changer if you ask me. It is also the pre-cursor for female players playing in the men's game.

This might not have taken root in Europe yet, but here in the US trans women are dominating high school sports in some disciplines in some (mostly north-eastern) states, and I think that will be the most visible example of crossover competitors, rather than a blonde woman playing on a men's team.

EOho8Pw.png

This might not have taken root in Europe yet, but here in the US trans women are dominating high school sports in some disciplines in some (mostly north-eastern) states, and I think that will be the most visible example of crossover competitors, rather than a blonde woman playing on a men's team.

That's an interesting slant on it, with all this LGBT equality etc. Could the likes of, say, Gregor Buchanan say he identifies himself as a woman and get called up to the Women's national team?

*insert signature here*

That's an interesting slant on it, with all this LGBT equality etc. Could the likes of, say, Gregor Buchanan say he identifies himself as a woman and get called up to the Women's national team?

There are all kinds of hoops to jump through. Most organizations adhere to the Olympic standards on this, which are pretty strict. But it's definitely becoming more common, and it's increasingly visible because in many sports, someone who was born male can come in and immediately dominate, even if they follow Olympic standards of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and show testosterone levels under the required limits. Sprinting and weightlifting are two main examples.

EOho8Pw.png

There are all kinds of hoops to jump through. Most organizations adhere to the Olympic standards on this, which are pretty strict. But it's definitely becoming more common, and it's increasingly visible because in many sports, someone who was born male can come in and immediately dominate, even if they follow Olympic standards of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and show testosterone levels under the required limits. Sprinting and weightlifting are two main examples.

I can jump through a hoop and catch a fish in me mooth!

Archived