186 replies to this topic

#181 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18027 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

On the topic of utterly gubbins and pointless clubs that The Famous Must Take Serious Lessons From, I see that Davie McArthur's hipster choice FC United of Manchester are currently stinking out the Conference North in the sixth (lol) tier of the English leagues - they sit second bottom of the table and have already gone through one manager this season:

https://www.bbc.co.u...gue-north/table

Who would have predicted* that running up the scores in the diddiest of English leagues like a souped-up Gretna wasn't actually a groundbreaking and sustainable model for building a football club; not least when they're now up against all the much larger clubs who have done a Rangers that are ten a penny at that level.

Spoiler

Edited by vikingTON, Yesterday, 08:46 PM.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#182 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22606 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 PM

Attendance down to 1,751 average, down 17% from last season. Salford City, one level above, seem to have more success, with 2,734.

Maybe there's something about buying success that brings out the fans in Manchester - as with, oh, everywhere else in the world.

I'll say this for "FCUM", at least they're doing better than the Liverpool equivalent, who are in Step 6 (i.e. level 10) in the Northwest Counties league, alongside AFC Blackpool, AFC Darwen, and indeed one level below an even newer club called City of Liverpool FC.

One day hipsters will stop forming these silly little clubs and instead get behind their local team. Although it seems that one sometimes leads to the other: the "Clapton Ultras" stopped supporting Clapton FC and instead formed Clapton Community FC, who play at a level I'm not even going to bother looking up.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#183 capitanus

capitanus

The epitome of gentle respectability

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7421 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:24 PM

There is something tragically funny about a club like FCUM and the whole spin which they came out with "Football for Punks" etc and ending up as a public park team with a dwindling fanbase all fighting amongst themselves.

David McArthur is a bit conspicuous by his absence at times like this.
But deceit can't save you so...
We will watch them burn.

#184 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18027 posts

Posted Today, 10:16 AM

Salford will scoop up hundreds of the FCUM roaster fanbase each year, like the common, gloryhunting hypocrites that they are. Then when Salford happily go down the pan safely 95% of them will slink back to Old Trafford.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#185 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted Today, 07:30 PM

Another pumping for Dundee. You've got to wonder how long they'll give McCann before hitting the 'we've given a s*** tonne of money to a s*** manager' button and hiring Duffy. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

#186 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4297 posts

Posted Today, 08:17 PM

Another pumping for Dundee. You've got to wonder how long they'll give McCann before hitting the 'we've given a s*** tonne of money to a s*** manager' button and hiring Duffy.

Stubbs was sacked for less. Another loss and they’ll surely put him out his misery.

#187 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted Today, 08:39 PM

I don't know that they will. If Dundee are still within touching distance after the first quarter I think they might stick with him until February/March and attempt a rousing recovery. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users