Championship 19/20 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

Dundee United closing in on a loan deal for Stevie May apparently. A few years ago that’d have been a terrific bit of business, regressed as a player since then though - should still do a very decent job at this level though.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United closing in on a loan deal for Stevie May apparently. A few years ago that’d have been a terrific bit of business, regressed as a player since then though - should still do a very decent job at this level though.

Dundee were favourites for him, St Johnstone obviously back in and Killie been given permission to speak to him also.

Ayr United's game today delayed due to problems with new turnstiles - could it be the same as ours?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I've not watched a huge amount of him at Aberdeen, but most of the times I've saw him my impression has been that you can see the player he was in there, but that it never quite happens. It could be that that's his level now (which should still be more than enough to do damage in the Championship) and that he never quite gets back to his best, but hopefully not. Always really liked him as a player, so I'd like to see it working out well for him apart from when he plays against us.

AWMSC

Ayr United's game today delayed due to problems with new turnstiles - could it be the same as ours?

Seems not.

"WHEN BUYING ONLINE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A PDF ATTACHMENT. THE PDF IS YOUR TICKET AND IS REQUIRED TO BE SCANNED AT THE TURNSTILE IN ORDER TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE STADIUM.

YOU CAN EITHER PRINT OFF THE PDF OR DISPLAY IT ON YOUR PHONE AND IT WILL BE SCANNED."

no.

they have not changed the physical turnstiles, they have gone with the same system/supplier as Ayr Racecourse. The turnstyle operators have handheld devices that read your ticket QR code - which can be your season card, a physical ticket from the shop/office, a pdf printed from home or a code on your phone.

I believe the issue was a combination of a decent sized visiting support and an older Ayr support who prefer cash to anything being done online.

The F*lk*rk fans are having a meltdown about it all on P&B. 

Pleasing.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Wasn’t sure where to put this. At long last, we’re having an open day and open training session at Cappielow this Sunday. Exactly the sort of thing we should’ve been doing years ago. Hopefully it’s well put together and there’s a decent amount of stuff happening.

Wasn’t sure where to put this. At long last, we’re having an open day and open training session at Cappielow this Sunday. Exactly the sort of thing we should’ve been doing years ago. Hopefully it’s well put together and there’s a decent amount of stuff happening.

They're doing a beat the goalie competition. Everyone will score.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

It was Ally Maxwell I scored past in the 90s open days. Also remember my dad introducing me to Arthur Montford that day as if he was a friend of his but I've now realised he was just a fan.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I scored a penalty against David Wylie at an open day in about 1995. Toe-b right down the middle

Me too - curled it just inside his right hand post despite me having Doc Martens shoes on at the time.

Peter Grant has been coaching down south for about 20 years now, he was even Manager at Norwich at one point. I think he would be an interesting choice for manager, in a similar way that Steve Clarke was for Kilmarnock a couple of seasons back.

*insert signature here*

Hearing there'll also be some former players in attendance for a chat and photo opportunities. Graeme Ogg, Neil Shearer and John Fowler are the names I've been given.

Some blasts from the past there!

Graeme Ogg's only goal for Morton was against Celtic.

I mind that goal. 2-4 game?

Yes - we went mental when McInnes scored (he seemed to particularly lap it up in from of the away fans in the WDE for some reason). By half time it was 1-4.

Celtic's away strip was that broken bottle effort.

Remember that night well thought we were onto a winner when McInnes scored so early, not to be though.

What also sticks out for me was, as I walked down Carwood Street wearing a blue T-Shirt, which happened to have a white and red logo on the front, a Chicago Cubs logo if I recall correctly, I was subjected to all sorts of abuse by some of the “best fans in the land”.

Horrible bastards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived