Q&a With Warren Hawke - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Q&a With Warren Hawke

PSA for those who don't check their email. The Q&A has been rescheduled for "hopefully some time between Christmas and New Year" due to the lack of notice given by the club and the SLO. Hopefully this means we will have a more structured meeting and they might actually advertise it appropriately. For now you can email slo@gmfc.net to suggest topics for the agenda and presumably also to reserve a slot if you didn't have a chance before it was rescheduled. They did managed to 'Morton' this event thoroughly but it is encouraging to see that the backlash over the lack of publishing, advertising and organising the event has been acknowledged.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why they bothered rescheduling it, the targeted audience (ie the happy clapper) thought it was the best-run event since D-day.

While I share your cynicism, I would highlight at the last Q & A I attended, the panel did take all questions, including some that the happy clappers in the audience were none too happy about. Depending on when it is I might drag myself along - cheaper than going to the zoo to see the seals!

While I share your cynicism, I would highlight at the last Q & A I attended, the panel did take all questions, including some that the happy clappers in the audience were none too happy about. Depending on when it is I might drag myself along - cheaper than going to the zoo to see the seals!

I don't doubt it. I think a club completely set on avoiding questions just wouldn't do these events at all. That they do them is to their credit. Now they just need to do it properly, and hopefully this is the first step towards that.

EOho8Pw.png

Well, we certainly an say this event was 'a Morton'.

They should really get a neutral location. Why not have it in Cappielow? Or see If there are facilities in wider Greenock that could be used.

Out of interest, how much do you think the current proposed venue will affect attendance?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

They should really get a neutral location. Why not have it in Cappielow? Or see If there are facilities in wider Greenock that could be used.

It's a hall close to the town centre that's probably free for them. It's a non issue.

Arran, Stornoway, Rugged Island etc. would be the only truly neutral venues IMO.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Surely the Morton Supporters Club is the perfect venue for this. It's a club, of Morton Supporters?

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

I think HamCam put the nail on the head with saying 'people not happy with some questions'.

That has been a running theme with the GMSC and even at games if you express an opinion which they view as negative against Morton or is not singing praise when we are getting beat 3-0, you get the School Boy glare off some of them. It has been a running theme in that club and I have witnessed it first hand where you are frowned upon if anything negative is spoken.

You just need to read the dribble each week that was published in Terrace talk. Everything is great at Cappielow when you read that but it is far from an accurate perception of events. That is the mentality myself and others have encountered.

That is why, I am of the opinion it should be somewhere more neutral be it Cappielow or even ask Regeneration Inverclyde for use of one of their facilities  for free.

Therefore, I disagree it is a 'Non Issue' and two other posters have voiced their dissatisfaction also.

We will see what the night brings!

I think HamCam put the nail on the head with saying 'people not happy with some questions'.

That has been a running theme with the GMSC and even at games if you express an opinion which they view as negative against Morton or is not singing praise when we are getting beat 3-0, you get the School Boy glare off some of them. It has been a running theme in that club and I have witnessed it first hand where you are frowned upon if anything negative is spoken.

You just need to read the dribble each week that was published in Terrace talk. Everything is great at Cappielow when you read that but it is far from an accurate perception of events. That is the mentality myself and others have encountered.

That is why, I am of the opinion it should be somewhere more neutral be it Cappielow or even ask Regeneration Inverclyde for use of one of their facilities  for free.

Therefore, I disagree it is a 'Non Issue' and two other posters have voiced their dissatisfaction also.

We will see what the night brings!

If it's 'school boy glares' you're worried about then the venue wouldn't change that. It's a local hall where anyone can get in - if you don't like the people there then don't speak to them.

If it's 'school boy glares' you're worried about then the venue wouldn't change that. It's a local hall where anyone can get in - if you don't like the people there then don't speak to them.

Settle petal or I might have to give you a glare.

I would think I had wandered into the wrong establishment, if I encountered a warm and friendly greeting at the GMSC but if it is free the venue is fine with me. At least there is a Q & A and the GMSC has offered to host it. The problem is our support but as one man's trumpet is another man's best mate what can you do? 

I don't think I said it worried me Allan, if you read the full post I published you would gauge the frustrations that I have.

Think you have missed the point being made.

It's not really a point worth making (or arguing over tbh) - it's a hall that will be available and will fit the number of people in who will turn up.

Even the change of date isn't a huge issue - if it was intentionally set up to avoid questions then it wouldn't have been put back when people complained about it. There has been a lot of questions asked on here lately and Graham (the SLO) obviously picked up on that and moved quite quickly to organise something then reacted to sort it. I've said it many times - there's a lot to complain or ask about but that gets diluted when people go on about venues, etc.

Well, we obviously have different opinions and I felt it was a point worth making and thus made it.

We shall see what the night brings. I believe this is to be scheduled between Christmas and New Year so I can only assume Thursday 28th December.

Archived