Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated

Bawheid

Fun as at may be, but I think it would be better they stay up. Relegation could take them to a dark place and they may never recover. With them been fan run , money will be hard to find, crowds will plummet and we will mis much needed income from any potential revenue in game against them if we are still in the championship. Just a thought .

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Bawheid on this.  I would prefer them to stay up by the skin of their teeth.  Far rather continue our unbeaten run against them than be playing the likes of Alloa or whoever.  12 points a season off a struggling midden?  Yes please.  Seeing them relegated would be shadenfreude heaven, but their presence adds to the enjoyment of the season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Yes. After years of seeing them pretend to get relegated it would be great to see them having dropped from the SPL to League 1.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Fun as at may be, but I think it would be better they stay up. Relegation could take them to a dark place and they may never recover. With them been fan run , money will be hard to find, crowds will plummet and we will mis much needed income from any potential revenue in game against them if we are still in the championship. Just a thought .

St. Mirren don't define us the way your old club and their bastard spawn are defined by their rivalry with the beggars.

We've managed plenty of seasons without them in our 142 years of unbroken history and will have many in the future. Send them down.

I said on P&B the other day that whilst it's enjoyable seeing these diddies struggle, I wouldn't want them to go down as I'd miss the derbies. However, after last night I've changed my opinion on that. They've lorded it over us for ages with that 17 years pish. I hope they go down and really fucking struggle. It's time for us to get our own back and get it right up them.

I don't want them to die as a club, but i want them to at least get a feel for how we've suffered over the years while they've lorded it over us and slagged us. It's league one they're going to FFS. Most full time teams that go down there actually come back stronger as they are able to rebuild their squads and still beat the part time teams.

Send them down! Genuinely can't believe there's Morton fans out there that wouldn't love to see them get relegated. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived