Football On Tv - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Football On Tv

I'm watching a conference game on BTSports just now, Maidenhead vs Maidstone, its Live football and during the game they go to commercial breaks.

That's a bit shit, isn't it? You could understand this with something like a late night repeat, or even excuse it for a channel like FreeSports but not for a channel which charges a subscription fee.

*insert signature here*

****ing hell, that is poor. Do the yanks not do something similar though?

I have never seen this. I know during the old NASL days they would have time-outs for that purpose but that doesn't happen in any league here that I'm aware of. The closest thing is the occasional chyron advertising monster trucks and the like, and that usually takes place on the Mexican channels. Coverage of the EPL here is arguably less sponsor-wrecked than Sky's.

When I first started attending games at FC Dallas (then the Dallas BURN), though, they read out sponsor announcements at... corners. Eventually they realized how shan that was and only had goals and yellow cards sponsored. Then they did away with all of it.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm watching a conference game on BTSports just now, Maidenhead vs Maidstone, its Live football and during the game they go to commercial breaks.

That's a bit s***, isn't it? You could understand this with something like a late night repeat, or even excuse it for a channel like FreeSports but not for a channel which charges a subscription fee.

The game was yesterday Porky.  :1eye:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived