If not Johannsen, then who? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

If not Johannsen, then who?

capitanus

Are you connected to the club mate?

Your posts certainly point to that.

To be honest, I agree with him. Crawford Rae was getting praise earlier this season for his improved communication, the hire of McKinnon, the financial backing for McKinnon to bring in a full new squad, bringing in his own backroom team including a sports scientist etc. & also when hiring JJ as finally proving we could think outside the box and not hire one of the usual jobbers for the role

The fact that McKinnon shafted both the club & the fans and JJ looks like a gamble that has not paid off (lets be honest, majority on here were happy enough with that appointment) isn't really the mark of a guy trying to drive the club into the dirt.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally dont feel "conned", as others have said,that's very harsh. A 3 year plan is not a promise or a guarantee, its an ambition and you would imagine most clubs would have similar aims within their respective boardrooms and most aims won't be met. Think some read too much into what is a glorified mission statement! I'm sure those comments where made when Crawford was appointment Chairman and his father was still alive and still owned the club.

I am however concerned with the budget comments from JJ as I can't imagine Ray overspent, (surely he wouldn't have been allowed to)So what has changed from then until now? Think Dougies death must have an impacted Crawford in some way as has the interest from the Easdales.

It's probably in our best interests if a deal is done sooner rather than later as the lacks of funds and radio silence can't be a good thing!

What do we want? Top flight in 3 years!! When do we want it? Ach, just whenever really.

If you tell your customers/main stakeholder that you aim to achieve something then they're fully entitled to demand that you do what it takes to make the thing happen.

If Crawford Rae doesn't step in and remove Johansson in what is clearly a necessary action if the plan he's put to the punters is to come to fruition, then as far as I'm concerned he's conned us plain and simple.

He's sold us a vision for a decent amount of money and if he isn't going to deliver upon it then he's a chancer.

AWMSC

I personally dont feel "conned", as others have said,that's very harsh. A 3 year plan is not a promise or a guarantee, its an ambition and you would imagine most clubs would have similar aims within their respective boardrooms and most aims won't be met. Think some read too much into what is a glorified mission statement! I'm sure those comments where made when Crawford was appointment Chairman and his father was still alive and still owned the club.

I am however concerned with the budget comments from JJ as I can't imagine Ray overspent, (surely he wouldn't have been allowed to)So what has changed from then until now? Think Dougies death must have an impacted Crawford in some way as has the interest from the Easdales.

It's probably in our best interests if a deal is done sooner rather than later as the lacks of funds and radio silence can't be a good thing!

Yeah, I think the truth is somewhere in between. Punting Duffy, the McKinnon deal and sports science stuff was an unexpected step in the right direction.

We also likely have 5 players in the top-earner bracket this season (Tidser, Millar, McAlister, Telfer, Johnstone) and a lot of other signings which just haven't worked out. Duffy managed to run a small squad padded out with young players who were presumably on lower wages.

Its not a ridiculous idea to suggest that the bulk of the budget is spent and Crawford isn't keen on releasing what's left. It's a massive gamble but if he's really serious about promotion he might be tempted to keep something back for next season. Even if the promotion talk was just that, you could still see why he wouldn't be keen on spending more.

It's probably time to chuck all the sports science stuff in the bin too. It clearly has no effect.

While we're at it, we should go the whole hog and appoint Yogi Hughes, cos it's aw aboot ra pashin. Git stuck in lads, cummawn.

*insert signature here*

While we're at it, we should go the whole hog and appoint Yogi Hughes, cos it's aw aboot ra pashin. Git stuck in lads, cummawn.

I read that in Yogi’s voice.

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even if the sports science stuff doesn’t benefit the current crop, an established programme could be an asset for developing future players.

I read that in Yogi’s voice.

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even if the sports science stuff doesn’t benefit the current crop, an established programme could be an asset for developing future players.

To be fair, I don't think the guy doing it now looks too professional at the start of games/ half time and, from speaking to someone that works at one of the facilities we use, it's the same there too.

Edit to add - to say bin it altogether is ridiculous though. It's part of the modern game and probably something players expect now when they sign for a club.

To be fair, I don't think the guy doing it now looks too professional at the start of games/ half time and, from speaking to someone that works at one of the facilities we use, it's the same there too.

Edit to add - to say bin it altogether is ridiculous though. It's part of the modern game and probably something players expect now when they sign for a club.

He certainly doesn't look as impressive as Henderson was.

It's probably time to chuck all the sports science stuff in the bin too. It clearly has no effect.

It's probably like many things at Cappielow such as the St Mirren stand, the turnstiles and Michael Tidser in that nobody knows what to do with it, how it works or how to get the best out of it.

But, but he showed up well in interview and his name is Mark Farrell lol.

Archived