Morton vs Ross County - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Ross County

Jamie_M

Didn't realise he sarcastically clapped after ironic cheering. I'm not having that.

All last night reminded me was that there was a time recently where we had Jamie Lindsay and Andy Murdoch in our midfield and I would suck a barrel of dicks to have those days back.

The 2 of them were a joy to watch together. Don’t understand why Duffy never went for a 3 in midfield with Lindsay playing in behind Murdoch and Tidser.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d like to criticise him because I hate it as well, but our last manager was a regular on Super Scoreboard, with minimal mentions of Morton. It’s annoying but unfortunatly the reality in this country for anyone with even the smallest link to the ugly sisters.

Not starting a new thread for this, but does Anyone else find JJ'S constant rangers chat in the media really ****ing tiresome. His wife as well?

****ing boring.

Not really seen much of it apart from the Morelos stuff. What else has he been saying? If he gets asked about an ex club surely he’s going to answer it. He was talking about Charlton on the Premier league programme, did that annoy you? Can’t see him being anywhere near as bad as wee Barry is. And I’m pretty sure his missus is entitled to talk about whatever she wants, most of her football stuff is about Morton anyway.

I’d like to criticise him because I hate it as well, but our last manager was a regular on Super Scoreboard, with minimal mentions of Morton. It’s annoying but unfortunatly the reality in this country for anyone with even the smallest link to the ugly sisters.

I think it depends on the context. If a manager's a guest in his own time on something like SSB or Sportsound & the topic of discussion is the OF, then fine. It might rub some fans up the wrong way to hear someone critiquing tactics of managers of clubs at a higher level etc when Morton are on bad runs, but there's nothing really wrong with it in terms of a manager's relationship with their own club.

If he's being interviewed about Morton in his capacity as Morton manager, particularly if it's immediately before or after a game, then it's downright disrespectful of any journalist to ask questions about clubs in different divisions which have no relevance to Morton, and even more so on the manager's part if he actually answers it rather than telling that journalist where to go.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

He was asked if Defoe would be a good signing for Rangers. Completely unlinked to his time at Rangers as a player or coach and the question should have been treated with the contempt it deserved.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Not really seen much of it apart from the Morelos stuff. What else has he been saying? If he gets asked about an ex club surely he’s going to answer it. He was talking about Charlton on the Premier league programme, did that annoy you? Can’t see him being anywhere near as bad as wee Barry is. And I’m pretty sure his missus is entitled to talk about whatever she wants, most of her football stuff is about Morton anyway.

There's been a few things.

The reporter asking him about Rangers signings immediately after Morton beating Ross.Co is piss poor tbh. JJ should be telling him to do one.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

There's been a few things.

The reporter asking him about Rangers signings immediately after Morton beating Ross.Co is piss poor tbh. JJ should be telling him to do one.

He can’t help what the reporter asks. I’ve not watched it yet (was at the game), perhaps he doesn’t want to be rude.

If you ever watch sky sports you’ll know that this is commonplace with even the top managers, getting asked all different questions about ex clubs/teammates etc.

You seem to have a right bee in your bonnet about JJ, and even after beating top of the league you still want a wee dig at him.

He can’t help what the reporter asks. I’ve not watched it yet (was at the game), perhaps he doesn’t want to be rude.

If you ever watch sky sports you’ll know that this is commonplace with even the top managers, getting asked all different questions about ex clubs/teammates etc.

You seem to have a right bee in your bonnet about JJ, and even after beating top of the league you still want a wee dig at him.

I dont have a bee in my bonnet about him at all. I want him to do well at Morton. The whole point of a football forum is to express opinion....

Anyway, judging by Twitter last night, in not the only one who has picked up on it

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I dont have a bee in my bonnet about him at all. I want him to do well at Morton. The whole point of a football forum is to express opinion....

Anyway, judging by Twitter last night, in not the only one who has picked up on it

Didn’t see anyone mention it on my Twitter thankfully.

It’s not a big deal at all but I believe Steve Clarke put a journalist in his place asking similar, irrelevant questions about the Old Firm result last week. It’s not too hard to fob them off - although Johannsson like Duffy probably reckons he has some shan media line to protect alongside managing the club.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not starting a new thread for this, but does Anyone else find JJ'S constant rangers chat in the media really ****ing tiresome. His wife as well?

****ing boring.

Wonder if he will be asked about Jordan Jones signing his pre-contract agreement with them.

Some amount of seethe amongst Killie fans (rightfully so) for his 'dream come true, #WATP' tweet.'

https://twitter.com/JJordanjones11/status/1081599015513440258?s=19

On the day of their 150th birthday as well.

Wonder if he will be asked about Jordan Jones signing his pre-contract agreement with them.

Some amount of seethe amongst Killie fans (rightfully so) for his 'dream come true, #WATP' tweet.'

https://twitter.com/JJordanjones11/status/1081599015513440258?s=19

On the day of their 150th birthday as well.

Offfft. That's an incredible minter from him.

Why are footballers so dense?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Smart move from the guy. That'll buy him some goodwill from the staunch element of the Rangers support and could potentially see Kilie agree to sell him to Rangers early for a nominal fee.

EOho8Pw.png

Not just those on here. 

Round you all, dickheads.

Absolutely nick of this Hamish Husband pish. With the obvious exception of people who should be trying to headbutt moving buses, nobody on here wants Morton to get beat. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived