Greenock Morton v Snake Mountain/The Cappielow Riot Part II - 20 October 2018 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock Morton v Snake Mountain/The Cappielow Riot Part II - 20 October 2018

K K Kelbie

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a serious note, and one which I hope the club directors take heed, it would be very ill advised of them to have Falkirk supporters in the Cowshed as this could lead to serious disorder.

House them all in the Main Stand.

*insert signature here*

On a serious note, and one which I hope the club directors take heed, it would be very ill advised of them to have Falkirk supporters in the Cowshed as this could lead to serious disorder.

House them all in the Main Stand.

Nah, put them in the shed.

As much as I'd enjoy turning Cappielow into the Ali Sami Yen for a day and talking about all the ways we could make things hellish for Falkirk has been funny, there's a serious point to be made here.

While almost everyone hates Falkirk now, there are several posters on here who have been hating them for years with their relationship to Morton being largely irrelevant to that. That's because those posters know what they're like as a club. They have that lethal combination of a sense of entitlement and persecution complex that usually only manifests itself at the likes of the Old Firm and Liverpool.

They believe the world should bend over backwards for them and whenever they're treated fairly they claim they're being bullied; then even when they do get that special treatment they still find an excuse to make themselves out to be the victims. It's that attitude that leads to the ridiculous level of myopia needed to claim that their local council hate Falkirk and are out to get them when that council put up millions of pounds of public money to contribute more than half the cost of building a stadium, despite Falkirk also having made a fortune from the sale of Brockville, because the council now have the gall to charge them rent rather than just writing off £3M+. They continue claiming persecution from the council even though they've since put more public money into building a car park and now training pitches as well.

It's a club and fanbase that sees no hypocrisy in trying to take an under contract manager with no compensation, having once furiously condemned Dundee United and Ian McCall for the same thing and spent months pursuing them, claiming they were looking for £500K in total for a manager, assistant and one coach who had two years left on their deals.

It's what leads to their club furiously complaining because one of their players was banned for abusing Dean Shiels about his eye on the pitch, with the reaction of their fanbase ultimately being to say that the real issue is that Dunfermline are grasses and that this is further evidence of the authorities being out to get them, harking back to Motherwell being saved from relegation over Brockville. At no time was there any condemnation of what their player did. It's Old Firm level conspiracy theorising, adding huge delusions of grandeur to the entitlement and persecution complex in thinking that Falkirk are actually relevant enough for anyone at the SFA to care about them.

This is a club who will always, always scramble to find the moral high ground in any scenario, and will probably find a sympathetic media outlet to back them up.

While we want a hostile atmosphere, the second anyone starts throwing things at the dugout, pitch or even their bus outside the ground, you're handing them that moral high ground. You're giving them a legitimate reason to detract from the lack of compensation and manner of their approach. It changes the story from Falkirk and McKinnon being duplicitous and trying to weasel out of paying what they owe to 'no one should be treated like that at the football and Morton need to be punished for the behaviour of their fans'.

Aside from the issues of whether behaving like that is acceptable and if you're willing to risk a banning order and jail time, if this is going to be dragged out with the potential of ending up in front of the SFA or SPFL, the club really can't afford for the media narrative to turn against them like that. Don't give them an excuse. Let the story be Falkirk getting hounded on the pitch.

BScyFmjIAAA1aqq.jpg

Who cares if they try and slither onto the moral high ground. I want that cunt McKinnon hounded and their entire club treated like beggars at the doorstep for every single minute of their visit. I want live snakes thrown in the away dugout.

This is about vengeance not justice. 

I am surprised that despite the duplicity on behalf of McKinnon and Falkirk the remark made by Crawford Rae "we are seeking counsel on the matter" the matter seems to have died a death! Why?

Presumably because these things take time and they can't really go public with details of an ongoing legal case.

Good on the Tele.

Unfortunately I think whilst there may be initial noise and hostility, can swiftly see it dying out.

We are on a bad run at the moment and must win this game so there is more pressure attached to this.

If only we could have welcomed this reptile like the Liverpool fans with Man City with a cloud of blue smoke and a shower of Anacondas against the window.

I hope the turnstiles/gates suddenly don't work when the Falkirk team arrive and they are locked in Sinclair street for a good hour.

Absolute cunt of a guy and sincerely hope we get it right up him on Saturday

Archived