Jonatan Johansson Is The New Manager - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jonatan Johansson Is The New Manager

TRVMP

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep Tidser in a midfield three and you'll be fine Jonatan.

Im not going to pretend i didn't really rate McKinnon, or that i didnt think he was the man for the job but I'm intrigued by this appointment. Best of luck.

Ps. Fuck you Ray, eat a bag of dicks.

I want a pretentious signature too.

How will the Scottish media recover from this? Duffy doesn't get his job back, so they're seething... but it's a Rangers-connected guy who gets it, so they can't immediately start undermining him. The Record will be particularly seething.

EOho8Pw.png

Welcome aboard JJ.

Your first priority is to ensure a settled squad is able to deliver an absolute fucking hounding to F*lk*rk on October 20th.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

My mum knows JJ’s wife and says he’s a lovely man, I’m saying this is a good reference because when we made McKinnon the boss 3 months ago my mum said she didn’t like his face and there was something shifty about him !

Good Luck JJ and above all else stick it to Falkirk !!!

pen.jpg

I watched that Animal Park in the morning all the time when it was on, didn't know that presenter was his Mrs. She was on Masterchef as well. Wid (sorry boss).

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

How will the Scottish media recover from this? Duffy doesn't get his job back, so they're seething... but it's a Rangers-connected guy who gets it, so they can't immediately start undermining him. The Record will be particularly seething.

Absolutely and guys like Derek Ferguson will be in the same boat. Jim Duffy was a press pal but now someone who played and worked for Rangers. What a dilemma. Should be quite interesting.

Because some of the posters on here seem to have no patience whatsoever, how many names, players or managers, merely mentioned and they are written off as being s***e. So, if his first game isn't a 6 nil away win some nugget will be writing him off

Literally nobody has said this about the appointment and you’re busy trying to circle the wagons against the big bad fanbase anyway.

Labelling players and managers as shite for having a record of demonstrable failure is the opposite of ‘not giving them a chance’. They had it and simply weren’t good enough - that’s how the professional game works everywhere.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Pleased with how quickly things have been handled and look forward to seeing what the guy can offer. Echo a lot of what’s been said above me, much prefer taking an admittedly big risk over the circus that was the other options. Will be quite disappointed if we don’t have a boatload of mental foreign players arriving in Jamuary now.

Good appointment and glad he's been announced in plenty of time before the next game.

Hopefully we can stick to simple JJ and keep away from stuff like 'Trust The Duff' and 'Rayvolution'.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I'm happy with this appointment. He lives locally in Skelmorlie, has family in the area and he's independently wealthy, so he's not likely to jump ship at the first opportunity. However if he does well he will attract interest from some very big clubs, even the Finland job, so we can't really hold grudges if and when he does move on.

This appointment makes sense -

A good playing career at the top level in Scotland, England, Sweden and Finland; a great international career; a well respected young coach who has served a good backroom apprenticeship taking his first job.

I'm excited. I really am.

This is the one we've waited for.

*insert signature here*

"A guy who has managed multiple clubs, won titles and promotion, done well in 2 spells at Motherwell vs a guy who has never managed?

It’s a pretty easy choice.

Morton are taking an extremely big risk here, this could end up being an utter disaster. "

Above is a copied post from the Who Next thread and is exactly what I'm taking about.

No wagon circling from me

"A guy who has managed multiple clubs, won titles and promotion, done well in 2 spells at Motherwell vs a guy who has never managed?

Morton are taking an extremely big risk here, this could end up being an utter disaster. "

Above is a copied post from the Who Next thread and is exactly what I'm taking about.

That fanny’s the exception rather than the rule tbf.

Dunno if it’s been mentioned before cause I’m not really interested in what other people have to say so haven’t read;

Could he have been appointed on Millar’s recommendation as a coach? Both will have played and worked together at St Johnstone.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Have you actually looked at McGhee's management's record?

In the last ten years you can count his first spell at Motherwell as something of a success

That apart, it has been anything but successful and punctuated with outbursts towards supporters and a general arrogance towards anyone questioning poor decisions.

Check Wikipedia and you will see my track record, he once said in an interview.

If you check Wikipedia you will see it is not that great.

Archived