Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight - Page 35 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight

sammy

The longer Duffy is away the more I dislike his attitude to Morton as a club.

He did such a good job of convincing everyone Morton are a Brechin at this level that people thought finishing in the middle or bottom half of the table was an excellent achievement. 

We are so well rid of him an his lack of ambition.

It wouldn't have annoyed me if his attitude inside the dressing room was 'we should be fucking gubbing this mob', but it's quite clear that his narrative was just as ridiculous when addressing the players as it was addressing the press. While he did offer us stability and developed players well, it came at a heavy cost and I don't regret sacking him one bit. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't have annoyed me if his attitude inside the dressing room was 'we should be ****ing gubbing this mob', but it's quite clear that his narrative was just as ridiculous when addressing the players as it was addressing the press. While he did offer us stability and developed players well, it came at a heavy cost and I don't regret sacking him one bit.

At the end of the day what he said became almost irrelevant, it was the performance on the park that mattered.

We came down the road from Inverness after a good 2-0 win prefectly placed to push on for a good finish, reasonably hoping for at least second place.

He started messing about with the team, possibly because of the Celtic match which in the scheme of things was relatively unimportant and for the second season in a row our final quarter was dismal and we finished in 7th place.

His sacking should have come as a surprise to no-one, least of all himself.

To be absolutely honest I quite liked him but as regards his demise he had no one to blame other than himself.

The longer Duffy is away the more I dislike his attitude to Morton as a club.

He did such a good job of convincing everyone Morton are a Brechin at this level that people thought finishing in the middle or bottom half of the table was an excellent achievement.

We are so well rid of him an his lack of ambition.

That's exactly it. His most significant achievement here was to convince people that being shite-to-mediocre was acceptable. We're well rid.

AWMSC

Archived