Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

Disappointed that this response lacked the usual 'I told you all so, I'm right' conviction to be honest.

To the point in hand, my comments had nothing to do with the midfield 3. The midfield 3 and their range of passing have the ability to unlock anyone at this level. The fullbacks out wide and the the 3 ahead of them, standing around waiting on static passes on the other hand...

This sums up our squad perfectly for me. Our central midfielders are really good for this level. Our attacking options (other than Johnstone who also hasn't even reached match fitness yet) are pretty poor.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partick sack Archibald and Paterson.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• 3 weeks later...

Partick and Ross County (and the rest of the Premiership clubs from last year) receive £370,000 from Uefa for Celtic's Champions League performance last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45978052

Not exactly benefiting Scottish football then.  The rich get richer.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Not exactly benefiting Scottish football then.  The rich get richer.

The premier league clubs aren't exactly Real Madrid. They need the money to operate just as much as a club like Morton would.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Bit rubbish that the relegated teams get a cut and the promoted ones don't. If you get papped out the league then you shouldn't get the benefits whilst a team who's achieved something doesn't.

The season Celtic were in the Champions league, the relegated teams were in the same league as them, so it's only fair that they get their cut of the money rather than a team that was in a completely different league.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Anyone in the Grangemouth area on Thursday evening? 

Looks like they've hit the panic button pretty hard. It'll cost them substantial amounts to move the deadwood jobbers on, and recruit a new squad. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It's a bizarre move to announce that. Obviously they're hoping to ease the pressure from fans by doing so, but it invitees agents to play hardball on wages in January on top of already knowing they'll be desperate for a turnaround.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

hopefully the spunk their load on the free agent market before January rather than waiting to see if any decent players can get released from their contracts in January.

32.gif

Archived