Thread About Ex Player - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I donno much about films, you tell me. :P

Well that's the second worst film I've ever seen... people get turned into aliens by little worm creatures invading them via the canalis analis FFS! In his next film, Freeman played God... me thinks not, Morgan! :lol:

It was only surpassed by Cabin Fever 2: Spring Break (a film which involved no cabins)! It took place in a fecking school, and as anyone who has ever seen a horror film knows, NEVER go into a school after dark for a party, especially into the swimming pool. You will die!

• Downvote 2

Carlo Monti supposidly played for Kings Park Rangers on Saturday against Gourock Thistle AFC. Gourock Thistle being the team who have played St Mirren a couple of times in the renfrewshire cup in recent times. Anyway Thistle won 6-2 against KPR.

My mate plays for Kings Park, told me he's been playing with them since the start of the season. Says he's nothing special.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

NEVER go into a school after dark for a party, especially into the swimming pool. You will die!

True, this happened to me once.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Talking about former players, I recently stumbled upon this:

What Super Mel is up to now....

Can't believe this.....I read this thread and clicked the link about 6 last night........went to the Lighthouse about 9 pm and not later than half nine in walks Chris Millar with...................... Mell Bottiglieri, and his wife............photos to follow.

Best part of the night was when Mel and his Mrs got up to sing, as they finished, the boys gave a chorus of ......

"Posh Spice is a Slapper, She's always on the Telly, and when she's shagging Beckham, she thinks of Bottiglieri"

Can't believe this.....I read this thread and clicked the link about 6 last night........went to the Lighthouse about 9 pm and not later than half nine in walks Chris Millar with...................... Mell Bottiglieri, and his wife............photos to follow.

Best part of the night was when Mel and his Mrs got up to sing, as they finished, the boys gave a chorus of ......

"Posh Spice is a Slapper, She's always on the Telly, and when she's shagging Beckham, she thinks of Bottiglieri"

That is superb :D

EOho8Pw.png

I'm slightly freaked out by this!

I wonder what other ex-players I can lure to Greenock by posting links about them...?

Masterton debut for Talbot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzMExNKoc-0

came on as a sub after 65 mins, played a couple of good passes. My mate gave me a look of total disgust when he didn't go breenjing into a tackle and he blazed over from about 8 yards in the final minutes.

Game finished 1-1.

Well, you can hardly blame him for having a mixed debut, having made the step up to the dizzy heights of the juniors.

EOho8Pw.png

You can rubbish the junior game all you want but Talbot are in the top 2 or 3 Junior sides in the country, definitely on a par with mid 2nd division I would say.

Mind you, that game today was honking. Stuart MacDonald was playing for Cumnock. Don't think anyone else of note was playing. Only 2 bookings as well, blooming disgraceful.

I'm not rubbishing the juniors. I'm rubbishing your conception of the juniors' being anywhere near SFL2 standard. The junior game is fine for what it is - it's just irritating that junior fans always surface every time they see a player not tripping over the ball to say "oh, he could do a job in the SFL", or because they can manage crowds in the mid-three figures (at £5 a go with a carry-out allowed in half the grounds) they're "on a par with the Second Division."

As I said - junior football is fine for what it is, but with SFL regulations, SFL policing, SFL structures, SFL seasons and so on, not a single junior side in the country would be doing anything but scrambling around at the bottom of division 3. Which is why they remain junior - their setup works for them.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm not rubbishing the juniors. I'm rubbishing your conception of the juniors' being anywhere near SFL2 standard. The junior game is fine for what it is - it's just irritating that junior fans always surface every time they see a player not tripping over the ball to say "oh, he could do a job in the SFL", or because they can manage crowds in the mid-three figures (at £5 a go with a carry-out allowed in half the grounds) they're "on a par with the Second Division."

As I said - junior football is fine for what it is, but with SFL regulations, SFL policing, SFL structures, SFL seasons and so on, not a single junior side in the country would be doing anything but scrambling around at the bottom of division 3. Which is why they remain junior - their setup works for them.

You're spot on Nach0, I have gone to watch Bo'ness Utd, Linlithgow and Camelon in the past few seasons and never saw a single player who could make the step up. Andrew Shirra perhaps, but living on your fathers reputation maybe isn't enough.

Well, I have seen Talbot a fair bit and would contend that the side they have at the moment would compete in SFL 2. Never thought about them not having to set wages aside for their ground which they may have to do in the SFL at the expense of players, but their ground is fairly decent anyway. They would get ripped every week in SFL1 and the upper echelons of 2, but they would not be disgraced.

Was just thinking of the number of ex players that have lined up against us already this season yesterday

Chris Aitken (Stranraer)

Ryan Harding and Graeme Holmes (Alloa)

Ian Russell (Livingston)

Chris Templeman (Forfar)

Paul McGowan and David Van Zanten (Skunks twice)

Kevin Cuthbert, Alan Trouten, Chris Smith Ryan McWilliams (Ayr Utd)

Jim McAlister and Derek Lyle (Hamilton)

Anyone think of anyone else?

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast