Morton vs Alloa - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Alloa

A potentially tricky match given how pish we were last week. 

Alloa played a 4-4-2 last week at home to Partick, with deep holding midfielders and narrow wide midfielders. Their midfield didn't press as intensely as they did under Goodwin, and they were looking to their full-backs to provide the width. Their central defence (both ex Morton players Andy Graham and Scott Taggart) stayed quite deep and generally knocked the ball long. I thought they were well worth their point, being the better team in the first half and having more flashes at goal than Partick in a relatively even second half. With a bit more cutting edge they could have beaten Partick, who looked absolutely shite. 

We've conceded 11 goals in the 3 matches against Championship/Premiership opponents, anyone got a mate who can play in defence or in goal? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bishop... were U at the game?

This is a need to win game and was looking for Nesbitt's speed to be a main factor. Looks like a game for big Sutton and Cadden.

If our defence can't deal with Alloa we are done.

Maybe winning the car 4ayear will cheer me up.

Bishop... were U at the game?

This is a need to win game and was looking for Nesbitt's speed to be a main factor. Looks like a game for big Sutton and Cadden.

If our defence can't deal with Alloa we are done.

Maybe winning the car 4ayear will cheer me up.

His Grace was not at the game, I watched the extended highlights on YouTube and I know a guy who covered the game on Saturday who gave me his two cents. 

Annan away in the first round of Challenge Cup in July 2013 was a category B shame game; don't think the top level ones actually kicked off until October of that shameful campaign (the 5-1 game at Cowdenbeath). 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Annan away in the first round of Challenge Cup in July 2013 was a category B shame game; don't think the top level ones actually kicked off until October of that shameful campaign (the 5-1 game at Cowdenbeath). 

Good shout. I was at that. Final throes of the Moore regime. He was getting absolute pelters off of some of the fans at the end.

Good shout. I was at that. Final throes of the Moore regime. He was getting absolute pelters off of some of the fans at the end.

Indeed. Most fans slithered out of the Annan game quietly (with the exception of one, who let rip when he realised the away dressing room windows were open). Cowdenbeath was the filet mignon of shame games. Supporters ejected, pumped by a dross Cowdenbeath team and Mark McNally getting into an altercation with angry fans in the second half. 

Looks like the weather is looking better tomorrow than was first forecast.

If only FlightTon was here to give us the wind precipitation and confluence levels over the last 8281839 hours. 

Archived