Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside?

Malt

Is it time to go?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for the Rae family to step aside at Greenock Morton Football Club?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious or not. What a ****ing stuipd comment to make the guy was pure poison.

He's suggesting, as all Rae apologists do, that the Easdales are equally as bad as H*** S****.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I’ve not voted. I do think their times up, but I don’t think there’s exactly a queue of potential buyers lining up Sinclair Street. Until someone with money behind them comes forward with an offer, I don’t know what the other options are.

I’ve not voted. I do think their times up, but I don’t think there’s exactly a queue of potential buyers lining up Sinclair Street. Until someone with money behind them comes forward with an offer, I don’t know what the other options are.

Agreed. They've mismanaged things for years but with Hawke coming in and trying to get a more professional structure I think that's a positive thing. Obviously it's been a bit of a shaky start and not everyone is a fan but for me it's early days and only time will tell if it's a success on and off the park.

If there was someone out there who had money to invest then I'd be all for that but I'm not sure there is either.

Is the club up for sale?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Agreed. They've mismanaged things for years but with Hawke coming in and trying to get a more professional structure I think that's a positive thing. Obviously it's been a bit of a shaky start and not everyone is a fan but for me it's early days and only time will tell if it's a success on and off the park.

If there was someone out there who had money to invest then I'd be all for that but I'm not sure there is either.

Why don't we scrap your Trust's ethos and move to a fan ownership trust? There is one potential option.

How long do you want to give him, he's been here for five years already. 

How long do you want to give him, he's been here for five years already.

He set up the youth academy and community Trust and only took over as ceo about a year ago. That's not a lot of time to fix something that hasn't been run particularly well for 15 years.

Ok, different question, have the Rae family taken Morton as far as they can?

I think that is definitely the case, Malt. But unfortunately it's still unclear how we would see the Club surviving without Golden Casket

Warren Hawke has said that he is trying to future proof Morton with his long term youth initiatives and budget cuts. I have a feeling the Raes involvement will come to and end in the next 2-3 years though

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

I think they have taken the club as far as they are willing which is not the same as can. Ultimately however it is their money and they are entitled to do with it what they want.

However if they feel they have gone as far as they are willing they should make it as easy as they can for someone with the club's best interests at heart to take over.

Whether or not such a person or business exists I don't know but if they put it about that the club IS for sale we would surely find out.

I think that is definitely the case, Malt. But unfortunately it's still unclear how we would see the Club surviving without Golden Casket

Warren Hawke has said that he is trying to future proof Morton with his long term youth initiatives and budget cuts. I have a feeling the Raes involvement will come to and end in the next 2-3 years though

I think so too but I think Warren will still be running things for the next owners.

Archived