Morton VS Dundee United - Saturday 8 December - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton VS Dundee United - Saturday 8 December

TRVMP

Having watched the highlights, I definitely criticised Gaston a bit too much at the time for their goal. From my view, I thought he was trying to see it out and it dropped it, but he does genuinely try to make it. He might just have got there had they not had a player on the post.

Also, I'm not completely sure that Telfer's shot was going in after all, it might just have been spinning wide. Quite hard to tell from the video.

Think your right on both counts Mullen does just enough to get in Gastons way without it being an obvious obstruction and I think Telfers shot was hitting the post at best but he seemed to slice it slightly.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the highlights, I definitely criticised Gaston a bit too much at the time for their goal. From my view, I thought he was trying to see it out and it dropped it, but he does genuinely try to make it. He might just have got there had they not had a player on the post.

Also, I'm not completely sure that Telfer's shot was going in after all, it might just have been spinning wide. Quite hard to tell from the video.

I said at the time that the angle from the cowshed was misleading with regards to Dundee Utd's goal, and my instinct was that it would have been a top save if he kept it out.

I take back what I said about Tumilty though, by that angle it looks like it's going to spin wide and the player at the near side actually makes it a closer offside call than I thought as well. On both counts it's certainly understandable why he decided to knock it in.

We also had more good chances than I remember with Jim's, McHughs and Telfers/Tumilty all really good opportunities which we probably should have done better from.

We really should have won that.

Least we are creating chances from open play as it feels like we have lacked in that area recently.

Was going to post the same thing.

In Tumilty’s defence, at the time I thought the ball had hit him rather than him hit the ball, my view was partially obstructed by the post in the shed, but having watched the video he definitely played the ball. However, it does look like it wasn’t going in anyway, so if he’d left it and the ball had gone past the post he’d have got pelters for that as well.

If only there was a video replay available in the shed😬

From watching the highlights the standside Dundee Utd player is about 2 yards off the bowlines for Tumilty's goal, playing him onside. Telfer's shot was going wide. Tight call for Dundee Utd goal as well, McKeown possibly playing the scorer onside.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Archived