January Transfer Window Thread - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Harewood situation is beyond a joke now. Hawke responsible again.

Seen a video of Harewood singing songs with the Hammers fans at Fulham at the weekend. Looked like him saying his good byes to me. Hope JJ can get this one over the line.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Harewood deal has collapsed as the board are inserting a clause into Johansson's contract that forces him to pick both Alexander Easdale and Warren Hawke in every game. 

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The only thing that gives me the slightest bit of hope that JJ can turn things around is that he's had to resort to a formation he doesn't wait to play to suit the players he's inherited in order to make us harder to beat.

There's a minimal chance that given the signing of his own players in a formation that he wants his team's to play that we could turn in to the Scottish equivalent of Pep's Barcelona, but more than likely he will be gone by Ferbuary with us in a relegation dogfight.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The only thing that gives me the slightest bit of hope that JJ can turn things around is that he's had to resort to a formation he doesn't wait to play to suit the players he's inherited in order to make us harder to beat.

There's a minimal chance that given the signing of his own players in a formation that he wants his team's to play that we could turn in to the Scottish equivalent of Pep's Barcelona, but more than likely he will be gone by Ferbuary with us in a relegation dogfight.

I think that it isn't entirely unlikely yhat if he gets some of his own players and can work his own system that we will even out and finish 4-7th. Certainly if its wide players he is prioritising then perhaps a 4-3-3 could be used which would maximise Tidsers influence.

MacLean suggested that the change to a 3-5-2 was at Houston's behest to try to tighten the defence up.

I'm not convinced the 4-3-3 was the problem itself though, as much as that it was a disjointed, unorganised mess. At the time McKeown  in particular was playing well, so was MacLean so with a bit of imagination there were options to get lots of players up the park and to defend high up but none of that really happened. 

At this point there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice but to see who comes and what Johansson does with them, but there's not a great deal to suggest that he's suddenly going to learn the concept of "tactics". 

AWMSC

Archived