Alloa V Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alloa V Morton

Midfield faded badly again. Alloa looked far fitter.

That'll be a wee crumb of comfort for them while sitting at the bottom of the table this evening while The Famous are loftily perched in 2nd after a routine away win. 

For setting up Zhivago's latest bout of attention-seeking though have a red dot. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a grown up username before you voice your opinion ya bellend.

My turn:

Our two fullbacks look at least as good if not better than last season's options. Tumilty is an upgrade on Doyle. Much better going forward and he can cross a ball but he needs to improve defensively and in his distribution. McKeown is also an upgrade on Russell and very handsome. Not entirely convinced of our centre backs but aside from the odd moment they handled the physical battle well today. I am happy to give it time to see how the team settles - Alloa should not be the benchmark if we are targeting the playoffs this season

Doyle was utter shite but was a seeetheart to many due to his banter on twitter. He was often the weak link and we have recruited a better player.

Russell was also dogs shit and we never had a proper left back until we moved Iredale out left.

At centre half I would still rather have Oware and Lamie but hopefully the boys we have recruited gel and form a food partnership.

As someone said, we finished 7th last season and Doyle had gone to qos and Russell had a 6 month deal...not exactly showing they at cream of crop.

Anyway......

http://youtu.be/Huo0d71WskM

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Lovely stuff from Midge, could have had 4.

The defence just look a bit disorganised rather than full of individual errors. Hopefully that'll be sorted out over the next few weeks as they bed in.

Tidser, Millar & McLean look like a really good combination. Our ball retention in tight areas is already much better than last season. Hopefully we generate more chances off the back of that as that's also something we struggled with under Duffy.

McHugh is pathetic. Get him punted.

Again some positives coming from the game. Our passing and movement going forward is a joy to watch. However the defence did look shaky and the midfield tired as the game went on. I like McHugh but he just isn't doing the business just now. The Allow left winger also had a lot of the ball and caused us problems.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Again some positives coming from the game. Our passing and movement going forward is a joy to watch. However the defence did look shaky and the midfield tired as the game went on. I like McHugh but he just isn't doing the business just now. The Allow left winger also had a lot of the ball and caused us problems.

McHugh is an ordinary player who offers very little unless used as an impact sub - even the basket cases at Falkirk realised McHugh was never a first choice starter.

Archived