Alloa V Morton - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alloa V Morton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far too early to be judging the defence, will take a bit of time to know each others games etc. Remember kilday, lamie, oware, doyle and russell have known each other for years!Also a new keeper in place!

Also had 3 clean sheets in last 4 games!

As is O'ware.

O'Ware was dodgy last season... performances and attitude. Would gladly still have had Lamie...

Doyle and Russell no loss at all.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Lamie is a clear loss, King Snake was a goal threat and you knew what you were going to get from him. There’s no reason why he couldn’t be replaced though with what we’ve got. The jury must stay out on the full backs for now but they’re not getting compared to Dani Alves or Marcelo anyway.

The bottom line is that there has been a lot of over the top knicker-wetting about a defence and team that hasn’t had time to form a credible system, yet we’re on four points from two games anyway. Improvement will be needed against tougher opponents but there’s no reason to doubt that’ll happen - every 90 minutes at this stage of the season is a huge learning experience.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Radio guy just said that today was Chris Millar's first double since we won 2-1 at Gretna in 2006.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

ICT 0-0 Ayr

Dunfermline 1-3 Ross County

Partick 2-1 Falkirk

QoS 1-2 Dundee Utd

Falkirk bottom :)

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Sounds like a professional - or clinical - job well done today anyway. Alloa may well be favourites to pip crisis club Falkirk to the bottom spot but they’ll still take points from the bigger teams on a regular basis.

Hopefully Johnstone can play a part in our next league game in a fortnight.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I don't need to. From what I've read we're a shambles at the back.

Maybe it's better to reserve judgement until you've seen both fullbacks play?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Midfield faded badly again. Alloa looked far fitter.

Said before a ball was kicked this season, just can't have a midfield of Millar, McAlister and Tidser. Experienced and technically good, but the legs just aren't there for 90 mins... ideally need an Andy Murdoch type in there!! 

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Good performance in the first half but as with last week we were the poorer team after the break. The Alloa pitch is not set-up to 'encourage' football but some of our inter-passing in the first half was excellent. Defensively we were reasonably solid but as with last season prone to inexcusable errors. The biggest issue for me though remains up top. McHugh was ineffective again today, never looked like scoring - if you were sitting on the bench you must wonder what it takes to get an opportunity. Bigger tests to come but four from six points is a reasonably positive start to the league campaign.

I feel there is big pressure on Denny even before he has kicked a ball.

We are desperate for a striker and we are hoping he can deliver.

There should be pressure on a guy who's come down from a higher level. He's surely our first choice striker.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived